We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

charlotte
Level Contributor
422 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

Hello,

I am visiting Copenhagen soon for the first time. Will stay two nights. My primary interest is visiting the Christmas market at Tivoli Gardens, and I especially want to see the Gardens in the evening.

I am looking for a clean, safe hotel within a short walk from Tivoli. If there are any recommendations, I would be most grateful!

Pam

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
639 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

Hi Pam,

I have stayed at several central Copenhagen hotels.

I would recommend the 4* Scandic Palace, or the 3* Absalon Hotel.

Both are just a few minutes walk from Tivoli.

Check my reviews.

Denmark
Level Contributor
24 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

the obvious choice would be Tivoli hotel (http://www.tivolihotel.dk )

Gothenburg, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Gothenburg
Level Contributor
642 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

I've stayed at Nebo, Wake up Copenhagen and the Tivoli hotel. Nebo and Wake up are both budget friendly and both felt safe. Nebo is just a couple of minutes away from Tivoli, in Istegade which is a busy area.

Tivoli and Wake up are further away, approx a 10-15 min walk. The Tivoli hotel is nice, more expensive but they've got great all inclusive packages for the Tivoligardens and there is a free shuttle bus. We stayed there this weekend and liked it a lot.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
219 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

I dont know if you already been to Copenhagen by now or if you have booked your hotel already...

But you ask for a safe hotel! And while Copenhagen is safe in general, some areas I guess is more safe than others....

Many of the hotels that will advertise they are a short walk from Tivoli gardens is in fact in the red light district area... Istedgade and the area behind the central station.... While this area is pretty safe and is very vibrant.. Its not the safest area in CPH (everything is relative) and here you might experience soliciting and drugdealing just outside of you hotel...

As for your question about a specific safe hotel close to tivoli.. I am not the best to answer that question... Tivoli is next to city hall (Rådhuspladsen) and there a lots of hotels there, however I know next to nothing about those hotels.... I would suggest a hotel near Kgs. Nytorv/Nyhavn.. While this is not close to Tivoli as such (CPH is a small town) its no more than 10 euros in a taxi to Tivoli or 20-25 min. walk.. And the second biggest X-mas market is in Nyhavn... The neighborhood is safer than the area around Tivoli (not saying that the area around Tivoli is dangerous -again everything is relative...)

Third thing is all about budgets... CPH is an expensive city... especially hotels...

Edited: 25 November 2011, 10:54
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

SAS Royal

Square

Any hotel on Vesterbrodage

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

We stayed at The Square in June, about a five minute walk to Tivoli and enjoyed it very much. Modern room with a super breakfast buffet on the top floor. Request a room on a high floor on the side street (most face this side street) so that you are not bothered by any construction or traffic noise from City Hall Square.

Edited: 26 November 2011, 00:57
charlotte
Level Contributor
422 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

Thanks for all the recent replies. I already took my trip to Copenhagen and had a great time! I stayed at the First Hotel Twenty- Seven and it was fine. Took the train fom the airport and walked o the hotel. Nice room and very helpful staff, although the street the hotel is located on was a bit dark in my opinion. Loved Tivoli at night and the Christmas market. I felt very safe walking around Copenhagen, and I look forward to returning soon!

Pam

8. Re: Safe hotel near TIvoli Gardens

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2012, 10:16