We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Pre Cruise and Post Cruise

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Oregon
Level Contributor
60 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Pre Cruise and Post Cruise

I did read about the distance between city center and cruise ports. I wanted to pick a reasonable hotel for 2 nights before my cruise in July and 2 nights after.I read about Andina Apts, and Absalon and Bethel Hotels. What about First Hotel? Also would a B and B work?

Thanks for all the help people give!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,030 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Pre Cruise and Post Cruise

Hi,

distances in central Copenhagen are relatively short, but the cruise port is a bit away from the centre and not so interesting in itself.

B&Bs are usually cheaper than hotels. I´d definitely go for a central location, which is more convenient transportwise if you don´t have that many days, and most of the Copenhagen suburbs are`nt particularly interesting, albeit some villa areas can be picturesque. Christianshavn and Frederiksberg, Østerbro and Nørrebro/Sankt Hans Torv are nice areas just outside the centre.

A lot of B&Bs can be found here:

www.bedandbreakfast.dk/…

bedandbreakfast.com/copenhagen-denmark.html

As regards the hotels, Bethel has a very good location, but might be a bit noisy due to its closeness to Nyhavn, according to some reports. I´d recommend checking out Hotel Kong Arthur and Ibsens Hotel, as well as browsing a large booking site like www.booking.com for instance, which also has price listing options as well as reviews.

Some cruise guests might have comments as well ...

Joen

Edited: 11 November 2011, 21:30
Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Pre Cruise and Post Cruise

IMO Nyhavn is way to noisy in the summer months for a hotel stay and the Bethel is right in the thick of it. I stayed at the lovely Admiral there four years ago and a good night's rest was impossible.

This past June pre-cruise, we stayed at The Square Copenhagen, requesting a room on a high floor overlooking the side street and enjoyed our stay and this location very much: near City Hall, Tivoli, the amazing (and free) do-not-miss history museum, the art museum and at the bottom end of the Stroget. Central Copenhagen is a great walking city, and we walked just about everywhere.

3. Re: Hotel Pre Cruise and Post Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 05:17