We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Area to stay in

b-town
1 post
Save Topic
Area to stay in

We will be in copenhagen 7/15/12-7/17/12. What area is best to stay in to sightsee for three days before our cruise?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,783 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Area to stay in

Hi,

distances in Copenhagen are small. There are practically no hotels just next to the cruise ships though, they depart a bit away from the centre.

You´ll find some hotel suggestions here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g189541-i218-k4959…

(RLD´meaning the Red Light District in that thread).

If you have specific wishes, more information will probably turn up here as well.

Regards,

Joen

Edited: 30 November 2011, 16:29
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Area to stay in

I'd recommend anything near Nyhavn or even around Tivoli, but basically I agree with what Joen wrote above.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
219 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Area to stay in

I will second the area around Nyhavn also close to your cruise liners... Not the cheapest area though.. so all about budgets...

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,034 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Area to stay in

We stayed at The Square on City Hall square (at the suggestion of two cruisers who stayed there the previous year whom I met on sister website cruisecritic) and five mintues walk to Tivoli for two nights this past June before our cruise. On my last visit to Copenhagen in June 2007 the noise around Nyhavn all night long really disrupted my sleep at the un-airconditioned Admiral Hotel so I did not want to stay in that area again. This trip, we had a great and quiet room high on the side street and enjoyed it and the excellent breakfast buffet very much.

Also, it was a great location near the art museum and the absolutely do not miss (and free) history museum. Too many inebriated people hanging around Nyhavn in the summer months IMO. BTW, it was less than 15 minutes taxi ride from our hotel to Langeline pier.

Central Copenhagen is flat and easily walkable no matter where you decide to stay.

Enjoy your visit!

Edited: 02 December 2011, 23:55
5. Re: Area to stay in

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 17:17