We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One day in Copenhagen with kids

Chicago
8 posts
Save Topic
One day in Copenhagen with kids

Can you please share any ideas of how to plan a day in Copenhagen to make it fun for 3 and 5 yo kids.

1. Re: One day in Copenhagen with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 November 2015, 09:16
uk
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One day in Copenhagen with kids

Tivoli is great with small Children.

I also find Children love the fairy tale magic of the changing of the guards at Amilenborg.

Chicago
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: One day in Copenhagen with kids

Thank you for the excellent ideas. I'll have to do some homework and come back with more questions on tour logistics.

Beccles, UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One day in Copenhagen with kids

You can do boat trips around the harbour and so on as well - the kids might find that quite cool and they'll get to sit down as well :-) I think there are a few companies, but DFDS certainly runs some of them.

Tivoli is good fun as well, depending on how much they like the idea of rides. There are plenty of small rides which would be OK, as well as some bigger ones that the 5 year old would probably be OK on with an adult.

The zoo is a bit outside the city centre. I've not been there, but if they love zoos then that might be worth a look.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One day in Copenhagen with kids

Tivoli is lovely for kids even without taking the rides.

Copenhagen Denmark
Destination Expert
for Copenhagen
Level Contributor
575 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One day in Copenhagen with kids

The boat ride is a great idea - and I agree with Heroneya that Tivoli is a lovely place for kids even if you don't take the rides. There's a playground inside Tivoli. If the weather is good, Kongens Have (King's Gardens) is great - there's a playground too, and a puppet theatre (free entry, but it's in Danish) every day from June 1 to August 31 except on Mondays.

Maybe the kids are too small, but a tour up "Rundetårn" (Round Tower) is always great fun (but small legs can get tired from the long walk up).

If your kids like being creative, Statens Museum for Kunst has a workshop for kids during weekends.

7. Re: One day in Copenhagen with kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 April 2013, 10:24