We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best castle or palace

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
san francisco
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
best castle or palace

which is the best castle or palace. we will be there for 2 days

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best castle or palace

In Copenhagen Rosenborg Castle.

In North Zealand Kronborg Castle in Helsingør and Frederiksborg Castle in Hillerød.

Hans

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best castle or palace

Rosenborg and Frederiksborg.

If I only had time for one, I'd pick Frederiksborg in Hillerød.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best castle or palace

Heroneya, were you not impressed with Kronberg castle? Is two hours enough to visit Kronberg? I need to be in Helsingbor (Sweden?) by 12:30 to meet someone. If I got to Kronberg as it opens, that should be sufficient?

Didn't mean to hijack the thread. Apologies.

Edited: 05 May 2012, 07:46
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best castle or palace

Not really impressed, no. But mainly, because I've being travelling all my life to visit castles all over Europe, ever since I was child. I've seen many and castles made me move to Denmark (Egeskov castle). I find Frederiksborg being far more impressive than K and there is much more to see in Frederiksborg than Kronborg (which is more famous because of Shakespeare).

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best castle or palace

I agree with Hans: Rosenborg Castle. (I assume with only two days in Copenhagen, you will spend your time in central Copenagen.)

Edited: 05 May 2012, 16:39
Copenaghen
Level Contributor
168 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: best castle or palace

The best interiors are in Rosenborg and Frederiksborg but Kronborg is definitely worth a visit.

If you have 2 days you could visit them all, for instance:

Day one: first Rosenborg (which is in the town and won’t take a long time), later from the station of Norrepørt you can take the train to Helsingør and see Kronborg.

Day two : take the train to Hillerød and visit Frederiksborg (and the lovely gardens).

Otherwise

Day one: Rosenborg and more of Copenhagen.

Day two: You can a take an organised bus tour to see Frederiksborg and Kronborg and will also pass by the scenic costal road.

You can also do it yourself but it will take a longer time: visit Frederiksborg first and from Hillerød you can take a train to Helsingør and visit Kronborg, at least from outside (you can walk around the ramparts and enjoy the view and see the castle’s courtyard).

7. Re: best castle or palace

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 16:41