We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

eating out

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
eating out

We are going to be visiting copenhagen in september. I was wondering what some of the better restaurants were (we have two kids 8 and 10). We have decided to stay at the Tiffany in town. Our boys love japanese, chinese, and italian food.

Thanks

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: eating out

We should also try the local cuisine! What types of food are considered quintessentially "danish" and what would be the better danish resaurants worth checking out?

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
309 posts
571 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: eating out

The Nytorv is an excellent restaurant if you want some real Danish cuisine (expect plenty of pickled red cabbage and pickled cucumber). It is a very reasonably priced menu, the staff are superb and it is frequented by Danes and tourists. It is on the Nytorv (not Kongens Nytorv) on the Stroget (the main shopping street). If you miss "home" cooking you could try reef and beef and Australian restaurant with roo, crocodile, emu and barramundi on the menu. The Danes are Australia crazy at the moment. The food there was excellent. Its near the circus. I've just come back from Copenhagen and had an excellent time!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: eating out

Thanks for that. Funnily enough i dont eat "australian" food in Australia. Cant stand it! Asian/italian is my preference.

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: eating out

there are plenty of italian and a few chinese and japanese restaurants in copenhagen city (japanese however seem to be quite expensive since sushi is so popular). Try this webpage: http://www.aok.dk/section/english then you'll find a great variety of res taurants and things to do :)

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: eating out

there are plenty of italian and a few chinese and japanese restaurants in copenhagen city (japanese however seem to be quite expensive since sushi is so popular). Try this webpage: http://www.aok.dk/section/english then you'll find a great variety of res taurants and things to do :)

Copenhagen, DK
Level Contributor
177 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: eating out

my favorite italian:

La Vecchia Signora

Grønnegade 14

1107 København K

TLF: 33 16 00 48

FAX: 33 16 00 47

It is not cheap - but really good food at a fair price... it also has a cosy ambience... its a good idea to book a table if you dont want to wait too long or be turned away... their plain pizza pomodora and the mixed plate of antipasti is very recommendable...

Cheers, Martin

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
33 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: eating out

Thanks everyone. Im sure we'll find something nice. We've got two boys in tow as well (8 and 10), but they eat adult stuff so we dont bother with "kids" menus any more.

Denmark, Europe
Level Contributor
3,484 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: eating out

If you want Japanese - go to Japan....

The really once-in-a-lifetime Danish speciality is the to-die-for rye bread open-sandwiches to be had at Ida Davidsen's

http://www.idadavidsen.dk/index.php?page=8

Be sure to order Gold Tuborg and a freezer-cold Red Aalborg schnaps to go along with the food.

I assure you: you will hear angels singing.........