We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3.5 days in Copenhagen with kids, Please help with itinerary

Canada
Level Contributor
83 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
3.5 days in Copenhagen with kids, Please help with itinerary

We will arrive Copenhagen next week, prior to our Baltic Cruise (Norwegian Star). Booked Marriott Copenhagen Hotel (Kalvebod Brygge 5 · Copenhagen, 1560 Denmark).I wish to bring the kids to the following attractions and hoping someone can help me optimize my itinerary.

Day 1 - after long flight from Toronto + jetlag, I would prefer doing some easier, hopefully within walking distance from our hotel. Any suggestions? Or shall we do the hop-on-hop-off boat tour?

Day 2 - Wanted to start a little late (kids maybe jetlag), would it be nice to visit Tivoli Garden, or the Blue Plant Aquarium?

** I have dinner reservation 6:30pm at Pastis Fishmarket Hovedvagtsgade 2 1103 Copenhagen K

Day 3 - Really want to visit Odsen (Hans Christian Andersen Museum & House) with kids. I guess this will occupy a full day?

Day 4 - 0.5 day (probably 3-4 hours) - I still have 2 outstanding attractions - The Little Mermaid, and the Kronborg castle.

How would you re-arrange my plans to fit everything (if it is possible)? Thank you in advance.

P.S. Given that I am leaving Canada in 6 days, should I order my Copenhagen -> Odsen train tickets vie raileurope.ca, or better off buy them at the Central Train Station? Is Central Station within walking distance from our hotel? Thanks!

Edited: 13 June 2013, 06:40
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3.5 days in Copenhagen with kids, Please help with itinerary

Don't book tickets via Raileurope. They are a quite expensive ticket agency - not a train operator.

Standard one-way ticket costs DKK 269 for adults - DKK 135 for children 12-15 - children under 12 travel free in the company of an adult. Seat reservation costs DKK 30.

You can find timetables here: http://www.rejseplanen.dk/

It's approx. 700 m walk from Marriott to Central Station.

Hans

2. Re: 3.5 days in Copenhagen with kids, Please help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 06:18