We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

copenhagen tours

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
copenhagen tours

we will be in copenhagen on a baltic cruise in aug 2013 given the costs of the shore excursions i am trying to find reliable tour company that would meet us at the ship. possible bus and boat combination from nyhaun. about 4 hrs max.. also can't figure out how to get to town from the cruise terminal. the train seems to be far and then walk and we would not be up to that.

thanks for any help

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: copenhagen tours

There are buses that come to the cruise terminal that you can take. There are several that offer hop on and hop off that will take you around the city. I would avoid at all costs the Step On Step Off buses. They are unreliable and do not travel at the specified intervals. The Hop On Hop Off buses are much more reliable. A trip around the city takes a little over one hour and then you can ride the bus back to the places you want to concentrate on.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: copenhagen tours

Where did your cruise ship dock? There are 3 terminals in the port of Copenhagen.

Hans

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: copenhagen tours

Did you ever find a private guide.??

we will be in Copenhagen AUG. 28 also on a cruise ship...It might be nice to share a guided tour..we were looking for a good guide with a car...

email me direct via TRIP ADVISOR...

thanks

Andy

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: copenhagen tours

I believe it will be langelinie

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: copenhagen tours

No tooo expensive. I was trying to find a way to get to town and what I can gather the things we are interested in seem fairly close together starting with the blue netto boats which takes 1 hr.then amalienborg, stroget,, across the canal to christiansborg palace. I didn't know buses came to the pier. We are there aug.21 8- 5

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: copenhagen tours

Do you just buy a day pass?

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
38 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: copenhagen tours

I was finding the same thing...extremely exp. for private guide..I did find a boat bus that u can pick up:

"you can hop on the cheap and easy harbor bus (ie the boat bus) water bus 904, kick back and let it take you on a splendid cruise around Copenhagen's waterways and canals from Nyhavn two Sluseholmen, where you will see a lot of Copenhagen's great new architecture on the harbor front.

The boat bus leaves every 10 minutes and goes from The Black Diamond (The Royal Library) via Knippelsbro, Nyhavn, The Royal Danish Opera and other places to Toldboden. It is great value for money. "

We are on Celebrity Eclipse..which ship are you on?

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: copenhagen tours

we are on crown princess.

I thought my reply went but guess it didn't. just tryng to figure out to get to nyhavn to do the canal trip but if the hop on bus goes to the cruise terminal then that would probably work. once there things seem to be central from there at least for the things we are interested in., Are you on a Baltic and Russia trip?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: copenhagen tours

Crown Princess is docking at Langelinie Pier, so it's just approx. 2 km walk to Nyhavn passing the Little Mermaid and Amalienborg Palace on the way.

Hans

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
14 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: copenhagen tours

i just read some where that a bus #26 comes to the pier every 20 mins, do you know this to be correct?

tks.