We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen budget

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Augsburg, Germany
3 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen budget

Hello,

me and my partner are going to Copenhagen for a week in September. We already booked a hotel but we don't know how much money is enough for everything else? We dont plan to eat out in any fancy restaurants. We will be just sightseeing on our own. Our main expanses will be a taxi ride couple of times, a few public transportation tickets and meals. Do you think that 3300DK will be enough for a week?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen budget

I would count on minimum DKK 500/day per person for food and drinks.

Hans

Augsburg, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen budget

Thanks for your reply.

I did some research and it seems you can do fine on 500DKK per day for 2 people. See here priceoftravel.com/29/…copenhagen-prices

Anyone else?

uk
Level Contributor
3,557 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen budget

I'm with Hans ón this one. 500dkk for two is a bit low.

You say you don't want fancy dining but just two pizzas and two beers in a basic restaurant Will be at least 300 DKK.

Admission to most tourist attractions is 80dkk upwards so really one tourist site a day and a simple dinner and you budget is done already.

A good way to save money ón holiday in CPH is to rent an apartment so you Can cook but this isn't much help A's you've already booked a hotel.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen budget

I agree with hans, that is exactly what we took when on our recent trip, however we then went to a bureau de change when we were there and took out more to be on the safe side, once we saw how quickly we were spending. We didn't want to be watching the pennies on holiday and we found Copenhagen expensive. Expensive but gorgeous though :-)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen budget

If you don't drink beer/wine, you'll save a lot. :)

Eat pizza in day time when "tilbud" (lunch offer).

Go to shawarma/falafel places.

Torvehallerne. (Fish'n'Chips, steak sandwich, fish cake etc)

Good cheap lunch at Viggo (Vaernedamsvej), like many different omelettes and crepes for 65 kr.

But still it is gonna be hard with only 500kr.

Buy some take away for dinner (Madglad, Anne's Gademad, Cofoco Marche, Indian and Vietnamese restaurants)

Augsburg, Germany
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen budget

Thank you all for the helpful replies!

7. Re: Copenhagen budget

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 August 2014, 06:18