We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exercise in Copenhagen in October? Sustainability?

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Exercise in Copenhagen in October? Sustainability?

I'll be in Copenhagen Oct 24-28 with my girlfriend. We're both big on exercise and she's a big runner. I'd love some tips on a few things:

1. Best places to run or exercise

2. Best healthy/local food to try

3. General attractions for 25 year olds... I love beer but she doesn't but she DOES love tea lattes, local/sustainable food/agriculture, and New England Autumns (I don't know if apple picking and cider are popular in Denmark?) I'm an environmental consultant so I'll love to see all the sustainable features of Copenhagen as well!

uk
Level Contributor
3,612 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Exercise in Copenhagen in October? Sustainability?

Running around the lakes is very popular and enjoyable - join the many Danes that do that every day. Just wrap up warm and you'll be fine. Our apartment over looks the lakes and even when there is a few foot of snow people are still running round the lakes.

Denmark isn't really known for healthy food but be sure to check out Torvehallerne.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exercise in Copenhagen in October? Sustainability?

Yes, we're very excited for the market!

Running around lakes sounds excellent. I was just curious if there were also some yoga or exercise classes that people particularly enjoy.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Exercise in Copenhagen in October? Sustainability?

I can recommend the yoga classes I attend, Yogacentralen, it is in English if at least one person in the class is non English speaker.

Or reformer pilates near Christiansborg (very hard core, also for strong men). It is called Energii. I highly recommend it.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exercise in Copenhagen in October? Sustainability?

Non Danish, of course :)

Lapsus calami.

5. Re: Exercise in Copenhagen in October? Sustainability?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:16