We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Choice

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Choice

Looking at the Hotel Clarion Collection Mayfair for 3 nights possibly in July or August.

Is this hotel near to the train station, and how far a walk/easy to find is it.

It's around £345 for 3 nights for a double room inc breakfast.

I'd appreciate any feedback on quality and location. Looking for a base that we can walk around the city from.

Thank you.

Edited: 02 December 2013, 11:10
uk
Level Contributor
3,633 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Choice

For indications of quality, check out the reviews on Tripadvisor.

The location is pretty good, very easy to find in my opinion and not far at all from central station.

Copenhagen is a very compact city and you will be easily able to reach most of the sights on foot easily from this hotel.

The price seems very good, Copenhagen is an expensive city and a lot of the time people are disappointed by what they get in terms of hotels because they feel they are paying a lot for a hotel when in fact my local standards, they are in a cheap place.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Choice

Thank you. Now just trying to find out the cost of a glass of wine /beer.

Heard it was very expensive but I assume someone on the forum will have info on this.

We're not into trendy bars/clubs, just want to find some interesting bars to visit that don't break the bank.

Thanks again.

Chelmsford, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Choice

Hi there,

We have just returned from a 3 night stay in Copenhagen and it really is wonderful!

We stayed at the Best Western Hebron Hotel which was right opposite Clarion. The price was very reasonable and the location was perfect, a few minutes walk from the train station (2 streets I think) and perhaps 5-10 mins from all the action of the city centre! We didn't use the metro at all, just walked everywhere. We paid £292 to stay at Hebron for 3 nights which included an amazing breakfast buffet.

Enjoy!

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Choice

Thanks. I will have a look at the BW Hebron. Sounds good.

Like yourselves, we try to walk as much as we can without using public transport.

S1.

5. Re: Hotel Choice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 05:17