We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

US Citizen visiting Copenhagen after 90 days in Schengen

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Topic
US Citizen visiting Copenhagen after 90 days in Schengen

I will have been in the Schengen zone 90 days on 12/26, and am considering visiting Copenhagen for a week afterwards. I've read on the Danish Immigration site that US citizens can visit Denmark for a 90 day period of time after their 90 days are up in the Schengen. I will be flying from Spain, so I don't believe I'll get a passport stamp upon arrival. I need to know if I will be able to enter Denmark after 90 days in the Schengen and do I need to apply for a visa or get an entry stamp so that when I leave Denmark to travel to the UK I don't get in trouble with immigration?

Have any US citizens here done something similar? Below is the text from the Danish Immigration site:

"Citizens of certain countries are entitled to stay in Denmark for 90 days, regardless of stays in other Schengen countries

Citizens of Australia, Canada, Chile, Israel, Japan, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, South Korea and the US can freely enter and stay in Denmark for up to 90 days every six months, regardless of whether they have stayed in another Schengen country prior to entry into Denmark. The 90 days are counted from the first entry into Denmark or another Nordic country, within the six month period. If you have previously spent time in Denmark or another Nordic country within the previous six months, that time will be deducted from the 90-day maximum. "

Thanks for replying!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: US Citizen visiting Copenhagen after 90 days in Schengen

Denmark is a member of Schengen.

Hans

Simferopol
Level Contributor
15 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: US Citizen visiting Copenhagen after 90 days in Schengen

I have done same before. Is not a problem. Just make sure you get entry stamp to validate your time in country. Copenhagen immigration has always been helpful in transit concerns such as yours.

3. Re: US Citizen visiting Copenhagen after 90 days in Schengen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 05:17