We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

After finding lots of helpful information here for our first trip to Denmark in September I have a couple of questions about buying train tickets/train travel between Copenhagen and Aarhus.

1. Will it be cheaper to buy tickets in advance, through the Rejseplanen web site, rather than waiting to buy them once we are in Copenhagen? If so, when would be the ideal time to purchase for travel in September 2014?

2. If I do buy tickets through the web site will they be mailed to me in the UK, or can I print them out myself?

3. How long should I allow to get from Copenhagen central station to the airport, and how much longer in addition if I need to get to a different terminal for my flight to London?

Any other travel tips for a first time visitor?

Many thanks in advance.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

There are so called Orange tickets, you can purchase them via dsb site two months before the planned trip.

It takes 15-20 min by train from Cph central station to the airport. It depends on the terminal, but it shouldn't be far, max 10 min, plus the line for the passport.

Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,464 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

You print your own tickets - book here: dsb.dk/om-billetter-og-kort/… (use Google Translate or other to help you, booking page is only in Danish). You can book the train directly to/from the airport from/to Aarhus - no need for change of trains. Prices start at 149 DKK (Orange). Note that Orange tickets are unflexible and non-refundable. If you miss your train you will have to buy new tickets (382 DKK).

You should aim to be at the airport at least to hours before departure. Distances are not great at Copenhagen Airport, but lines at check-in and security can happen. All 4 terminals at CPH are in the same building, with the LCC terminal (CPH GO - used by EasyJet) connected via a walkway. The airport themselves state that walking time from security to the gates furthest away (which are the ones in CPH GO) is 16 minutes - and by my own calculations that is at a leisurly pace.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

Heronaya and WhiskyTraveller, I really appreciate this information. Thanks so much for your help.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

Prices for train tickets have gone up from today.

Hans

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
146 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

Hans, thanks for letting me know.

6. Re: Buying Copenhagen to Aarhus train tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 January 2015, 07:17