We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Around the sound" questions

st louis
Level Contributor
186 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
"Around the sound" questions

We will be in Copenhagen April 2nd - 10th (staying in a weekly rental) and are thinking of getting the Around the Sound train ticket for a one day trip. Thought of leaving early for breakfast in Malmo, then up to Helsingborg for lunch, over to see Kronberg castle and then down to the Louisiana which seems to be open til 22:00. So my questions are:

Is this too much for one day? Should we spend the night somewhere?

Is it worth it to go into Kronberg Castle or is it better just to see the outside?

What else is there to do on the Sweden side?

How much time for the Louisiana and would it be better to be there in daylight because I hear the setting is great too?

If we get the Copenhagen card, I think the train to Elsinore is included so should we just skip the Sweden side?

Thanks for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Louisiana
Louisiana
United States
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
City Sightseeing Copenhagen
Castles, Sightseeing Tours, Hop-On Hop-Off Tours
Rosenborg Castle
Castles, History Museums
Copenhagen Cruise Tours
Churches & Cathedrals, Points of Interest & Landmarks, Monuments & Statues, Castles, Historic Sites
Sorgenfri Palace
Castles, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Around the sound" questions

It is a different plan, but I'd recommend a half day in Malmö. Breakfast, sightseing, lunch. Back to Denmark with Helsingør train and get off at Louisiana while it is still daytime.

The day after visit Frederiksborg castle in Hillerød instead of Kronborg.

Mentioned in this post
Denmark
Denmark
Europe
Louisiana
Louisiana
United States
st louis
Level Contributor
186 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Around the sound" questions

Okay, thanks!

3. Re: "Around the sound" questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 06:18