We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Norfolk, Virginia
6 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

Hello. I will be arriving in Copenhagen from Luxembourg around 7:15 PM on July 2nd. My flight to the USA doesn't depart until 12:30 PM the following day. I have booked a night at a hostel right next to the main train station. My question is do you think I will have enough time to get a quick overview of Copenhagen in the few hours I have there? I was hoping to see Christiansborg Palace, Amalienborg Palace, the Marble Church, the Little Mermaid, Rosenborg Castle, and the Church of our Savior. I probably wouldn't be able to go into any of these places but I'd be happy just to see the buildings and take some pictures. I was thinking of exploring the city between about 8 PM and midnight on the 2nd and then getting up early and going out from about 5:30 to 10 the next morning. Do you think this is possible or am I being too ambitious?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

It's quite ambitious.

Hans

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,127 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

Distances and walks will be quite short, so if you just want to have a look and maybe go into depth with a few of them, it´s feasible IMO. It gets dark quite late in the evening - without checking details, I´d say around 9 - 9:30 p.m.

Edited: 19 March 2014, 07:11
Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

I will be reaching CPH a 0625HRS, and only has 1 day and a night stopover at CPH.

I'm pretty confused by city pass & copenhagen card. Are they both the same or not? If not, which one should I get?

I am planning to go Rosenborg Castle, Tivoli Gardens, The Round Tower, Stroget, Nyhavn, Amalienborg Palace & Marble Church.

I am also deciding if I should rent a bicycle, how should I plan my transport around CPH?

Very thankful for anyone to help & advice.

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
922 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

The City Pass costs 80 DKK (for 24 hours) and it covers zones 1, 2, 3 and 4 (inner city area and to and from the airport).

Copenhagen Card is 299 DKK (for 24 hours), it covers all the zones and gives free admission and discounts on varies attractions.

Tivoli is closed until April 10, so that might have an influence (you don't say when you're in CPH).

It's a good idea to rent a bicycle, some hotels and hostels offer that service, but there are also other options around town. It's not difficult to get around, so simply plan your route on Google maps or similar, those places you mentioned are not far from each other.

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

Thank you Jacob... According to my destinations should i buy City pass or Copenhagen Card. Oh.. i didn't know Tivoli is closed until 10 April. Not sure where should I go in the evening then? Can you reccomend? Thanks a lot in advance!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

Copenhagen Card is only worth the money if you intend to visit quite a few of the attractions that are included in the card.

Hans

Singapore, Singapore
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

Thank you Han!

8. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 29 March 2014, 19:35
9. Re: Copenhagen in less than 24 hours?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 March 2015, 05:16