We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
332 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

I will be in Copenhagen for 24 hours. I would like to see the highlights and stay in a great location that is very walkable. I have looked at the Marriot, but the location description is confusing being that I have no knowledge of this city. If you had one day and wanted the BEST location for sightseeing, where would you stay? Budget flexible up to $300/US per night.

Thanks!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

Hotel King Arthur.

Hotel Admiral or around.

Hotel Axel Guldsmed (my fav).

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
332 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

What do you think of the location of the Marriott ?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

Marriott is a good location on the harbour front - centrally located.

Hans

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
332 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

Thank you Hans. I am very excited to see Copenhagen. Any MUST sees in your opinion for a one day visit?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

You may get inspiration here:

visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/sightseeing/t…

Hans

Copenhagen
Level Contributor
639 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

Marriott is a decent location, with nice views over the water, if you book a room to that side (they are pricier than cityview rooms). I have stayed a few times at Marriott, and while it is a good hotel, I am not that excited. There are no shops or restaurants in the very near vicinity.

If you want perfect location (within your budget), I would check out the following hotels, which I can personally recommend:

Scandic Palace Hotel (directly at City Hall Square)

Phoenix Hotel (few steps from Kings New Square)

71 Nyhavn Hotel (at Nyhavn (New harbor), close to Kings New Square)

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

I agree with Jeff. That is why I suggested the other areas. After all you only have one day in Copenhagen, why not pick something where you right in front of the hotel can feel the soul of the city?

Monroe, Louisiana
Level Contributor
203 posts
204 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

I have stayed at the Marriott and found it to be very nice. You will spend the $300 or more. Breakfast is good but around $35.

Location-within walking distance to Tivoli and Central Station. Canal cruse-You can catch it at the hotel dock. It goes to Nyhaven and Little Mermaid as well as throughout the city. A good way to see a lot in a short time.

There is a restaurant in the hotel but I have not eaten there. Numerous restaurants in Tivoli but you have to pay for admission to Tivoli first.

You can actually see a lot in one day.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
332 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

Thank you so much! I am very excited to see Copenhagen. I will check out the cruise. Great suggestion.

10. Re: Hotel Suggestions? Marriott?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 07:15