We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with itinerary

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
107 posts
105 reviews
Save Topic
Help with itinerary

I'm a solo traveler visiting Copenhagen for the first time mid June. I'll be staying for 5 days. I used Tripomatic to plan my itinerary (which I highly recommend), but would like to hear the experts' opinion as well.

I'm vegan (no meat, fish, dairy or eggs for me), so I planned all my meals in advance in vegan or vegan-friendly places.

Day 1 - Friday

My flight is scheduled to arrive at 16:00. Planning to buy the Copenhagen Card at the airport, but not activate it just yet, so will buy a single train ticket for the central station.

I'm staying at the Square hotel, which should be within a walking distance from the train station.

Planning to take it easy on my first night, just stroll down Stroget, eat dinner at 42 Raw, soak up the atmosphere at Nyhavn and call it a night.

Day 2 - Saturday

Breakfast at Cafe N (a bit of a walk, but it opens early).

Back to city hall to catch the free tour on foot from 11-14 (covers many "must-see" attractions).

Amalienborg Palace - hoping to catch the guided tour at 14:30.

Take a break at Amaliehaven.

The Little Mermaid + Gefion Fountain + Kastellet.

Take the metro to have dinner at Kalaset.

Day 3 - Sunday - Activating the Copenhagen Card

Canal cruise from Gammel Strand.

Christiansborg Palace - hoping to catch the guided tour at 13:00.

The Royal Reception Rooms + The Ruins.

Christianshavn Free Walking Tour at 16:00.

Dinner at Cilimili + Freshen up at my hotel (they're very close).

Tivoli

Day 4 - Monday

Grab a snack at Naturbageriet Bakery.

Botanical Garden.

Brunch at Botaniq.

Rosenborg Castle + Garden.

Round Tower.

Torvehallerne (hoping to find vegan chocolate or something I could bring home).

Take a bus to have dinner at Ambrosias Have.

If I feel like it - Tivoli again.

Day 5 - Tuesday

Take a bus to Frederiksberg Garden.

Lunch at SimpleRAW.

Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek.

Pick up my luggage from the hotel.

Around 17:00 I have to meet a friend who is landing at Copenhagen Airport, and we'll take a train to Aurhus.

Would love to receive feedback on my plan.

Questions:

1. When I first arrive at the airport, can I buy a train ticket from a manned booth using bills, or only from machines using coins?

2. On my last day, if I take a train from the central station to the airport station, can I meet my friend there and buy our tickets to Aurhus, or is the airport station only available to those coming from the airport?

3. Perhaps someone knows where the Canal cruise from Gammel Strand ends? Back at the same spot or somewhere else?

Thank you very much in advance!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with itinerary

You can buy tickets at DSB ticket office. The airport station is open to all.

Hans

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
107 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with itinerary

Thanks Hans!

Haifa, Israel
Level Contributor
107 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with itinerary

BTW, in case someone was wondering, I found out the canal cruise from Gammel Strand starts and ends at the same place.

4. Re: Help with itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 May 2015, 05:17