We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metro Tickets

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kokomo, Indiana
2 posts
Save Topic
Metro Tickets

You can buy a 10 trip 2 or 3 zone ticket. Must this ticket be used by one person or can it be used by three?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Metro Tickets

Clip cards can be shared among several persons.

Hans

Kokomo, Indiana
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Metro Tickets

Thanks

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Metro Tickets

Hello, we (2) will be in Copenhagen for 2.5 days.

Plan to make two airport trips (3 zones) to hotel, and 4 city center trips (2 zones).

3 x 2 x 2 = 12

2 x 4 x 2 = 16

Total of 28 "clips".

If a get a 10-trip 3-zone card (3 x10 "clips"), does that cover it all?

Or, for a 3-zone card is the minimum "clip" 3 units?

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Metro Tickets

No, you will need 12 clips.

Hans

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Metro Tickets

Can you explain why 12 clips?

I want to take 6 trips for 2 people, so 12?

Is a clip on a 3-zone ticket the same as a clip on a 2-zone ticket?

How many clips would I need for a 2-zone card?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
675 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Metro Tickets

As I understand the system, there are no fractional clips -- i.e. your short 2-zone trips will still require 2 clips, regardless of whether the clips come from a 2-zone card or a 3-zone card.

In other words, if you choose to use a 3-zone card, you have overpaid but don't get "change" back or a credit to carry forward. Or as you phrased it, "for a 3-zone card, the minimum clip is 3 units."

So you'd need 2x2=4 for the airport trips plus 2x4=8 for the local trips, for a total of 12.

If you got a 2-zone card instead, you would need 14 clips. (3x2=6 for the airport trips plus 2x4=8 for the local trips.) They are sold in packs of 10, though.

There's also an option of a zone 1-4 pass that is valid for 24 hours and could be a better buy at DKK 80 if enough of your trips happen to fall within the 24-hr period.

This is all just my understanding as one visitor trying to help another -- locals please correct me.

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
918 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Metro Tickets

The zone system can be pretty confusing, even for locals. Massachusetts_Member is correct though.

The clip cards are basically cardboard tickets that can be "punched" 10 times, so it can't consume less than 3 zones per "punch" on a 3-zone clip card.

I also agree that you might consider the City Pass tickets instead. They come in 24-hour and 72-hour variants, 80 DKK and 200 DKK respectively per person. Then you don't have to worry about zones (as long as you stay within the city centre and to/from the airport) and durations on the clip cards.

Winnipeg, Canada
6 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Metro Tickets

Thanks.

I was looking at the 10 trip ticket as we can share between the two of us, where the 24-hour or 72-hour cannot (I assume).

A 3-zone is 200 DKK. This will cover my airport trips and all but 1 of my trips for two people. So I can two single trips at 24 DKK each for a total of 248 DKK for two people.

I can't do it with two 24-hour, so I need 72-hour for two people which is 400 DKK.

9. Re: Metro Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 05:17