We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
668 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

Hello all,

Very early stages of planning a trip for 2015. Probably have 10-12 total days to see these three cities. Any recommendations on how to break up the trip coming from the US. Would prefer to fly into one city and then use the train/ferry to navigate around Any thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

You say three cities - does that mean yet another one than the two you mention, or are you thinking of just a return trip?

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
668 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

Yes Im sorry, I meant to say Stockholm!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

Flights tend to be inexpensive. There´s a good train connection between Copenhagen and Stockholm, and an overnight ferry between Copenhagen and Oslo. Though not inexpensive, it will save you a hotel night and you will arrive via the Oslo fjord in the morning.

Oslo is - very generally speaking - considered as the capital among the three with "least" sights. It is the most expensive among the three.

Edited: 29 May 2014, 07:17
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

Copenhagen is just a short train ride from southern Sweden, which makes a nice day trip. My one suggestion is to bring your own cold medications just in case! I got a bad cold there and they only sell herbal remedies, so I suffered terribly on my trip. Same in all Scandinavian countries.

Nice lunch along the water in Copenhagen, Denmark, after walking around taking in the sights of beautiful old architecture.

Oh, and be prepared to spend some money; everything is expensive.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 07:21
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

In Denmark, medicine without prescription is sold at pharmacies and major supermarkets, whereas prescripted medicine requires a doctor consultation. Regulations and cost will vary according to the tourist´s citizenship, travel insurance and EU-relations etc. The sale of peniciline is restricted due to a fear of bacteria becoming immune to its curing effect.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 12:59
London, United...
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

+1 that you should do Sweden as a day trip from Copenhagen.

Oslo has a rumour of being expensive and here is a write up on budget things to do there: thinkingoftravel.com/5-things-to-do-in-oslo-…

7. Re: Looking for travel tips. Copenhagen, Oslo Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2015, 05:15