We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

help with itineray?

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
help with itineray?

Hello everyone,

I just booked a 10-day trip to Copenhagen in mid to late November. 10 days is more than enough for any city so I am looking for suggestions on day trips from Copenhagen. I am not opposed to also doing a side-trip (stay a day or two) in another city/town that is easily accessible by public transport (I don't drive). My main interest is photography but also interested in history, culture, architecture and nature. Is November too early for Christmas markets?

I'm going to use Airbnb so suggestions on neighborhoods to stay in are also welcome.

Many thanks in advance.

Grand Day Trip around Copenhagen
171 reviews
from US$173.50*
Copenhagen Card
638 reviews
from US$66.20*
Copenhagen Food Tour
178 reviews
from US$144.60*
Copenhagen Small Group Bike Tour
64 reviews
from US$60.00*
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: help with itineray?

Hi, some suggestions:

There are lots of easy and nice excursions into Northern Zealand & the Greater Copenhagen Region:

Castles: Frederiksborg Castle, Kronborg Castle

Churches: Roskilde cathedral various frescoed village churches

Art museums: Louisiana, Nivaagaard, Ordrupgaard, Arken; secondarily J F Willumsen Museum, Øregaard

Other museums: Blixen Museum Rungstedlund

Scenery: weather permitting, I´d suggest taking the local S-train to Lyngby with a rented bicycle and cycle along the lovely river down to the coast vua Brede and Rådvad, to Dyrehaven royal hunting grounds with the Eremitagen hunting castle, and then to Klampenborg and the S-train station there. Easy ride, half a day incuding lots of stops

dn.dk/Files/…molleaadalen.pdf

Village scenery near Copenhagen, though sleepy in November: Dragør

Another really beautiful area, though similarly very quiet/deserted outside the season: Mölle village and Kullaberg peninsula, including the road to the lighthouse, Krapperup park, Nimis-Arx sculptures etc. In Sweden, north of Helsingborg. Accomodation is not cheap there, though, and you´d probably need to hike to get to places of interest beyond Mölle itself, unless you somehow bring a bike.

Other suggestons: Bornholm island. Stay at Allinge-Sandvig and rent a bike. Great scenery, but very quiet and almost deserted outside the season, lots of places will be closed.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 20:32
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: help with itineray?

Some Christmas markets tend to begin in late November in Copenhagen.

Edited: 28 May 2014, 20:38
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: help with itineray?

The weather in Denmark is not very friendly in November. Usually wet and cold.

Hans

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: help with itineray?

Thanks joen.dk for all the suggestions. This is a great starting point for my planning.

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: help with itineray?

Yeah I knew weather is not going to be ideal... probably why the airfare is low; it's off season. We'll just have to make the best of it.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,938 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: help with itineray?

Well, the weather can make great, atmospheric photography in some cases ;-).

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
40 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: help with itineray?

Very true. I severely lack any snow-covered "XYZ" photos so being at a new place will force me to brave the cold and go out with my camera vs. just hunkering down when I am at home.

8. Re: help with itineray?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:17