We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tansport in Copenhagen

alabama
Level Contributor
590 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Tansport in Copenhagen

Hi,

Could someone help me with this question :

I tried to put in date and destination from Aarhus to Odense for the time slot : 1517 to 1705hr

when I click see more details and see price for this journey, it shows me :

Total fare with Rejsekort*

(From zone MT 301 to zone FYN 001, total 23 zones)

kr 225,00

Then i click "buy" it brings me to another dsb webpage :Kob billet

i key in 1 (voskne : +16)

and I have to always fill in this vaelg pladsbilletter = 1 pladsbilletter (if i put in 0 - it would not allow me to continue with my purchase) and it will show me the standard fare is 270 kr

why the ticket fare is different ?

Could you please also tell me what is the best way to travel within Copehagen and also other part of Denmark in a budget manner. (local transport - bus, train or ferry) We are planning to stay in Copenhagen for 4 nites Thank you for your replies. Appreciated !.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tansport in Copenhagen

If you have a travel card (rejsekort) you don't need to buy a ticket.

Local transport depends on where in Denmark.

Hans

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
930 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tansport in Copenhagen

The travel card (Rejsekort) is a local commuter card (like a scannable credit card) that was supposed to replace the old cardboard clip cards and other regional ticket styles. So it's a card a lot of Danes have now and it gives you discounts on public transportation.

Rejseplanen shows as default the discounted price with a Rejsekort (since it assumes most Danes will have one). The 270 DKK is the standard one-way non-discounted price.

Edited: 02 June 2014, 22:19
alabama
Level Contributor
590 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tansport in Copenhagen

Thank you so much for the explanation. Is it possible for a visitor to apply a travel card and how to go about it ?

Sometimes when I try to click buy ticket and it did not allow me to buy online but direct me to the 1415.DK website..is it that for short trip there is no way to get the ticket online, but have to go to the stn to get it ???

Another question about going : Kobenhavn H to Aeroskobing Havn (Aero Kommune) . I tried to put in a date just to check how much the fare and how long is the journey take, from the rejseplanen.dk website.

Got the itinerary for 2nd aug 2014 departing at 0928 arriving at 1337hr ; 4.09 travelling time ;

2 changes means of transport : ic 835; walk ; bus 931, walk ; faerge ; walk . Does this include the ferry ride to the Aeroskobing Havn, the standard ticket is 291Kr. Will it be cheaper to buy a return ticket? .

And what kind of day pass that you would recommend me so that I could have free ride on bus and train when I am touring Copenhagen and maybe Odense and Aarhus and Aeroskobing... I kind of very confuse with the transport system in Copenhagen : booking online . Pls enlighten me , Thanks again for your time taken to reply me.

4. Re: Tansport in Copenhagen

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 07:15