We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couple of hours to kill in Copenhagen centre

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
560 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Couple of hours to kill in Copenhagen centre

Hello, I arrive at Kastrup Airport and plan to head into the centre of Copenhagen, where I have a couple of hours to kill before I meet up with friends and we head off on a car tour of Denmark. Can anyone describe a pleasant walking itinerary, maybe taking in the main palaces and gardens? And, based on this, should I take the train to the central station or metro into the centre?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couple of hours to kill in Copenhagen centre

You could take metro into the city (Kgs Nytorv station) and the train towards the airport.

If you do so, start with Nyhavn and Amalienborg & Marble church, Kgs Have with Rosenborg castle (adore from the outside). Find your way to Round Tower (go up and enjoy the view).

Walk to Graabroedre Torv, then to Christiansborg, take a look around (Stock Exchange etc), take a walk along Gammel Strand to Magstraede (beautiful street) and to Glyptotek.

The. You'll be near the central station to head back.

2. Re: Couple of hours to kill in Copenhagen centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 June 2014, 13:35
3. Re: Couple of hours to kill in Copenhagen centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:16