We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lodging Panic!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
89 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
Lodging Panic!

After numerous tries, I had secured an AirBNB location for a two week stay. Our stay has just been cancelled. We chose AirBNB because we like a quaint, neighborhood experience, as opposed to a monolithic, characterless hotel. Are there boutique hotels with air conditioning? We live with air conditioning and may have difficulty sleeping in heat and/or humidity. We will be in Copenhagen for 2 weeks beginning July 7. Or, do we go with a cookie cutter hotel with air conditioning? My husband is attending a conference at Bella Center, so being close to pubic transportation is important. Goodness, this last minute planning is not my style!

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
89 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lodging Panic!

I can get the Andersen hotel for $300 per night. There are some others that seem equally as good, but a longer distance from the city center for $200 a night. Andersen is worth the price for convenience?

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lodging Panic!

If checking a site like booking.com for the mentioned time span, Hotel Kong Arthur (DKK 16.800 totally) and Ibsens Hotel (DKK 13.600) also live up to your expectations as regards a cozy, historical neighbourhood with a lot of eating places nearby (including Torvehallerne) and 5 mins from the walking streets & the Nørreport metro to Bella Center.

I guess however that if you plan to stay for 2 weeks (splitting your stay up at two locations, each for one week, might be a possibility too ...), a spacious room size will mean a good deal, so maybe specify that when researching and contacting hotels. Arthur and Ibsen´s rooms aren´t necessarily big per se.

Most booking sites have a price listing option, making a search easier. There seems to still be a good deal of accomodation available for the period. You are welcome to present possible alternatives you are thinking of here ;-).

Edited: 10 June 2014, 06:41
Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,580 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lodging Panic!

As regards the air-condition, it is not wide-spread among Copenhagen hotels. Usually a fan or an open window is thought of as the "solution" on nights with high temperatures. Heat waves are rare, but the weather is quite unpredictable and usually warm at night. If Andersen doesn´t provide aircondition, you should ask for a quiet room, not one facing the street, since the area is noisy at night (slight RLD traits). Arthur lies a bit more secluded, receded from the Nansensgade street.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lodging Panic!

Why not find another flat? Maybe at two different addressses?

leeds
Level Contributor
167 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lodging Panic!

I wouldn't choose the Kong Arthur if you are concerned about the warmth of the bedrooms. We have just returned from a stay there and found the room to be too warm to sleep comfortably, even with the window open.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2,018 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lodging Panic!

We loved the Andersen hotel, great location and excellent customer service, plus very stylish. Our room didn't have air con and we ordered a "wonderful room" which meant we couldn't have one facing the courtyard, but still thought it was great x

7. Re: Lodging Panic!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 06:16