We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train transfer at the Copenhagen Central Station,

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
54 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
train transfer at the Copenhagen Central Station,

I am taking a train from Stockholm, Sweden to Hamburg, Germany. I have to switch trains in Copenhagen, Denmark at the Copenhagen Central Station. My Stockholm train arrives at the Central Station at 15:32 and the Hamburg train leaves the Central Station 15:42, giving me 10 minutes to get from one train to another. I booked my tickets through Rail Europe, and they said I would have enough time to get from one train to the other.

My wife and I not familiar with the Copenhagen Central Station so we don’t know if the transfer is doable? Is it possible to go from one train to another in 10 minutes? If no, what are my options? Just booking another reservation at a later departure time?

Does anyone have any advice on what we should do?

Grand Day Trip around Copenhagen
171 reviews
from US$173.00*
Copenhagen Card
638 reviews
from US$66.00*
Copenhagen Food Tour
178 reviews
from US$144.10*
Copenhagen Small Group Bike Tour
64 reviews
from US$60.00*
uk
Level Contributor
3,715 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train transfer at the Copenhagen Central Station,

Ten minutes isn't long but it perfectly doable.

There are 7 platforms at Copenhagen station if my memory serves me correctly.

You just get off your train, look at the screens to find your next platform number and then walk there and board your next train.

Just don't hang around too long.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: train transfer at the Copenhagen Central Station,

Yes, you can do the change - provided your train from Stockholm arrives on time.

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
941 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train transfer at the Copenhagen Central Station,

You can check out this map of CPH Central: http://www.hovedbanen.dk/index.php?id=24

The train to Hamburg usually leaves from Track 6 (but you should of course double check on the screens just in case).

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
54 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: train transfer at the Copenhagen Central Station,

thanks a lot, we appreciate your responses as they were all helpful.

So we have two choices: purchase another reservation for a latter departure, and hopefully not use it; our second choice is to keep the faith, expect the train to arrive on time, look at the screen to find the platform, then board the train.

We decided to keep the faith, as you all stated, it is doable.

5. Re: train transfer at the Copenhagen Central Station,

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:15