We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fjords to see in Denmark

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Fjords to see in Denmark

Hi,

I will be for around 2 days in Copenhagen. I am planning to see some Fjords as have heard about them.

Thought of taking the Oslo cruise but it is way too expensive. So, any other suggestions which can be approached by bus or train within Denmark?

Thanks for your help!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

There are a couple of nice fjords in Jutland, the other Danish island. How much time do you have in Denmark ?

You could try to reach Roskilde or Holbæk fjord as they will be the nearest ones from Copenhagen.

The longest Danish fjord is called Mariager, but it all depends on how much time you have got.

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

The fjords in Denmark can't be compared with the fjords in Norway.

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
933 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

If you're thinking of the fjords shown in most movies about vikings with sheer cliffs on either side and preferably a lot of snow, ice and waterfalls, then I agree with Hans, you won't find them in Denmark.

Denmark is pretty much as flat as a pancake with mostly rural landscape and no real "dramatic" nature sites.

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

Hi..I am coming in on Friday morning and have time till Saturday night..So, can you please suggest something within these timelines

Gurugram (Gurgaon...
Level Contributor
5 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

Thanks for a honest opinion. Basically, I always love to explore nature and natural landscapes. Hence, Fjords.

Anyway, if not Fjords, can you please guide me to some great rural landscapes near to Copenhagen. I will have time from Friday afternoon till Saturday evening to spend.

Thanks!!

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
1,197 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

Moens Klint.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
5,678 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

I agree that Møn and Møns Klint is a good option. The cliffs Møns Klint have great scenery, and the Island of Møn has some additional sights too - the lovely free park near the cliffs "Liselund Gammel Slot", the Jydelejet area also nearby. The frescoed churches, for example at Elmelunde. The old town of Stege, etc.

You can use the travel planner www.rejseplanen.dk for planning public transport in Denmark. The most well-known part of the cliffs is the near the Geocenter, which also has a bus stop on Rejseplanen.

It is possible to do a fine hike between the cliffs and Liselund Gammel Slot, either on the beach (time-consuming) or on the cliff ridges (easier).

There´s a map of the cliff area if you Google "naturstyrelsen" + Moens klint" + "pdf

It would probably be the easiest thing for you to stay in Stege (the main town) or perhaps a local B&B near the cliffs.

Edited: 30 July 2014, 21:49
8. Re: Fjords to see in Denmark

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Copenhagen