We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Around the Sound ticket

Which Copenhagen hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
alabama
Level Contributor
530 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Around the Sound ticket

Hi !

Could someone or TA experts advise me here :

Where can I purchase this Around the Sound ticket in Copenhagen?

Can I buy this in Malmo train station as I will be transiting at Malmo on the way to CPH via train?

I found this information about the Around the Sound ticket from one of the blog:

This ticket includes unlimited travel for 2 days in all of Skåne region (Ø-train, Påga-train, city busses, regional busses). In Denmark valid on Ø-train ONLY on the costal route (between Copenhagen and Helsingør) and on copenhagen metro and Movia busses.

With regards to this info as above : "on Copenhagen metro and Movia busses." can someone enlighten me about this statement? Is it that I could hop in and out of the buses within CPH - unlimited bus and metro rides?

The ticket is valid 2 days 1 nite, how does it work ? Example if I start to use this ticket from the Orestad metro stn to Helsingor said 8.30am , and when is this Around the sound ticket expires? Is it at 8.30am the next day?

Our the Around the Sound ticket tour will be : Helsingor to Helsingborg by Scandline ferry

Train from Helsingborg to Lund

Train from Lund to Malmo . Stay a nite in Malmo.

Next day take a train from Malmo to CPH .

I truly appreciate and thank you for taking your precious to help me with these questions.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi there,

You can buy the "Around the sound" ticket at any of the "Skanetrafiken" customer centres in Sweden - including Malmo. In Copenhagen, you can buy it at the Copenhagen Visitors Centre, Vesterbrogade 4A. It lies just across the Copenhagen main (København H) station.

By the coastal route in Denmark, they mean that as long as you travel across the Øresund bridge, you can use the ticket. In addition, you can use the ticket on all buses and metros in Copenhagen.

Regarding the validity of the ticket, I suggest you ask the customer care of Skanetrafiken.

alabama
Level Contributor
530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi trineT192,

Thank you so much for your inputs and comments. I think most likely we will be buying the ticket in CPH.

Do you know what are the hours (business) for the Copenhagen Visitors Centre for Friday and Saturday?

Just want to verify something here, when I purchase the Around the sound ticket, do i have to use it immediately or I could save it for the next day to start the tour ?

Have a lovely day.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi again,

You are welcome. The Copenhagen Visitors centre is open at the following times:

May, June and September: Monday - Saturday 9:00 - 18:00 Sunday 9:00 - 14:00

July and August: Monday - Sunday 9:00 - 19:00

Rest of the year: Monday - Friday 9:00 - 16:00 Saturday 9:00 - 14:00

You can read more about the Around the Sound ticket on https:/…

alabama
Level Contributor
530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi trineTI92,

May i ask whether the Around the Sound ticket covers Landskrona ?

Is it worth to stop by there maybe for a couple of hour to tour the place.?

Thank you so much.

Have a lovely day. Cheers !

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Around the Sound ticket

As long as you are on øresund (DK) or pågatåg (SK) trains, the tickets are valid. However, you should check that with Skanetrafikken once you are here.

Landskrona itself has very little to offer in my opinion. It is a quiet place with a museum and a citadel. I would however recommend a trip to the island Hven or Ven from Landskrona. You can take a boat ride (not covered in your "around the sound" card) to Hven and enjoy the beautiful island. You can check the ticket prices and timetables here http://www.ventrafiken.se/index.php/en/.

alabama
Level Contributor
530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi trineTI92,

Good day to you.

Thank you so much for your comments and recommendation. Yes, I did read and research about Hven, if we will be doing this island trip, we have to allocate 1 hour ferry crossings to and fro to the island. Hence, in view to time constraint, we would prefer to stop by at Landskrona on the way to Lund and just explore a little the town area and then continue our journey to Lund.

alabama
Level Contributor
530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi trineTI92,

Sorry I have more questions here, I hope you could help me.

I have checked the sj.se website as follow:

The trip from Helsingborg to Landskrona stn, are both using the Skånetrafiken, Påga and Öresundståg, Öresundståg trains.

Helsingborg to Landskrona Drottninggatan by Skånetrafiken, County, bus 3 or Öresundståg, County bus 3

And also check the Skanetrafiken.se website about the Around the Sound ticket :

The ticket offers unlimited travel across Skåne on Pågatåg trains, Öresund trains, regional buses (yellow) and city buses (green). In Denmark, the ticket is valid for journeys along the coast (Kystbanan) with Öresund trains, as well as on the Metro and all of Movia's buses in the metropolitan area.

Base on the above info, do you think I could use the Around the Sound ticket for the trip to Landskrona? To be honest with you, this is my first time in the Scandinavia countries. And I have no idea/clue whether bus #3 and bus #220 are belonging to this group(city/regional) of buses as stated above.

I truly and deeply appreciate your comments and inputs and help to my travel plan.

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
47 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi Magdalyn,

You know that Helsingør to Landskrona by Pågatåg train are covered by your ticket. I am not an expert on the Swedish public transport, but as long as you stick to buses of colour green or yellow in Skåne and/or Denmark, you will be fine. When in doubt, always ask the drivers. People in Scandinavia are very good with English. Bus drivers are extremely helpful. I often see them stepping out of the bus to give directions to passengers/tourists. Just relax and enjoy ! :)

Have a great trip !

alabama
Level Contributor
530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Around the Sound ticket

HI trineTI92,

Thank you so much for your prompt reply. I truly appreciate your patience and time take to address my questions. Thanks also to your valuable suggestion and comments.

I will purchase the Around the Sound tickets when I arrive at Copenhagen.

Have a lovely evening ! Cheers and all the best to you !

alabama
Level Contributor
530 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Around the Sound ticket

Hi,

I have a question about the Around the Sound ticket. Is it possible for me to purchase this ticket in 1 or 2 days advance, then use it later. As the CPH visitor centre will be closed on Sunday. ! I am planning to start this on Monday early morning. I know that the ticket will expire 4.30am on the 3rd day !

Thank you so much for your inputs and comments. Have a lovely day. Cheers !