We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

Hubby and I will be arriving in Copenhagen Aug 25 and leaving Aug 26 on the Norwegian Star. I need advice on what places are must sees in Copenhagen. I'll add, that I prefer history over nature. I like them both, don't get me wrong, but, if I have to choose over seeing a fabulous park, or a historical site, the historical site wins.

Our flight gets in around 230ish and we'll be staying at the hotel maritime, and I prefer getting to the ship sooner rather later, but if I fall in love with the city I'm not adverse to going to the dock later.

Also the easiest/best way to get from airport to hotel and hotel to pier?

I just so overwhelmed by this city for some reason. Any advice/ suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited: 14 August 2014, 19:04
Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

You may get some inspiration here:

visitcopenhagen.com/copenhagen/sightseeing/t…

From the airport you can take the metro to Kongens Nytorv and then walk to the hotel.

Norwegian Star is expected to dock at Ocean Pier (Oceankaj). You can take bus 26 from Kongens Nytorv to Oceankaj.

Hans

Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

Thank you.

That little bit just took so much fret away from me. Knowing that I can save and take public transportation, and I don't have to switch trains/busses is a load off. Also, thank you for giving me the stops and making it idiot proof. It makes it so much easier than try to read a map and figure out a city I don't know.

Maryland
Level Contributor
65 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

Hans,

Would you be so kind as to tell me how I should get from the Copenhagen airport to the Crowne Plaza Copenhagen Towers? Shall I do subway or bus, and which ones? Thanks!

Fredericia, Denmark
Level Contributor
37,532 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

Just take the train to Ørestad Station.

Hans

Ballerup, Denmark
Level Contributor
929 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

The Crowne Plaza also has a free shuttle you could take (you can probably find the exact details on their website).

Copenhagen, Denmark
Level Contributor
16 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

Hi, I sounds to me like you would be happy to see Rosenborg Castle, the former royal palace. It is in the center of town and easily accessible. http://dkks.dk/english

Also try Rundetårn, the Round Tower, http://www.rundetaarn.dk/en/the-tower/ a fabulous round tower. The king used to sit in his horse and carriage and drive up to the top! You can walk up the indoor ramp and enjoy a wonderful view from the top floor outdoor terrasse and even see your ship from up there. Have fun!

Portage, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
10 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

Thanks. I did tell hubby I wanted to see at least one castle this trip.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

We did the free Copenhagen walk with Anna . Brilliant. Left town centre at 11.00am from the the city hall in small groups. Anna is a local guide and has great knowledge of Copenhagen 's history. Finished off with canal cruise which was appreciated after long walk.

9. Re: Must sees in my short time in Copenhagen.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2015, 06:18