We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

Which Brighton and Hove hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

Looking for a venue for Christmas Day dinner / lunch for around £45 - 70pp, Can anyone recommend a decent venue ?

Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

It's difficult; the places I was going to recommend (Hotel du Vin and Graze) are £90 - £100pp on Christmas Day or closed on the day (The House).

You could try ringing Côte to see if they have a Christmas Day menu. The Coal Shed has a Christmas menu online, but not a Christmas Day menu - again, it's worth ringing them. Most Christmas menus double or triple in price on the day itself, I've noticed.

Other places to contact: Riddle & Finns, The Ginger Pig and/or The Ginger Dog (the Gingerman itself is above your budget), and Mange Tout. Havana may offer a Christmas Day menu, too. Terre à Terre (vegetarian) and Chilli Pickle (Indian) would be other options.

Edited: 27 September 2013, 09:09
Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

Hi Lucy, I've got the same request, I was just wondering if you found anywhere, I've called a few of my favourites and they're all closed.

Thanks

Claire

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

I know some country pubs that are doing special lunch menus that day. Are you prepared to drive 20 minutes or so ?

Mike

Derby, England
Level Contributor
2 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

I know it's a year ago but I'd certainly welcome any suggestions (country pub or otherwise) for Christmas Day 2014.

Cheers

5. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 November 2014, 21:35
Nice, France
Destination Expert
for London, Brighton
Level Contributor
6,128 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

In Brighton & Hove itself, these are all meant to be open on Christmas Day. Book now!

restaurantsbrighton.co.uk/christmas-day-brig…

East Sussex, United...
Destination Expert
for West Sussex, East Sussex
Level Contributor
5,285 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

I must declare a slight interest - this is my old local : jollytanners.com/christmas-menu-2/…

20 minutes drive, in a beautiful village and you'll feel like you've come home. Lots of good walks nearby to get an appetite/walk it off. Finally, as a bonus, the beer quality is excellent - should you have a real ale drinker in your party.

Mike

8. Re: Christmas Day Dinner / Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2016, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Brighton and Hove