We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lost camera memory card

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Lost camera memory card

Hi, please can someone help me!! I'm distraught as I have lost all my photos from South Island.

I lost a memory card for my camera whilst at the Lady Knox geyser earlier this morning (10.30 am on 28th December 2012). I've left my details with the visitor centre at Wai-O-Tapu.

I hope someone has found it (as I searched the area at the geyser after everyone had left, but could not find it).

If you found it please kindly let me know as I would love to have the memories of my South Island trip back.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
292 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lost camera memory card

Bumping this up the list, so more people see it.

London, United...
Level Contributor
27 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lost camera memory card

Thanks for bumping Selsy.

Greymouth, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
3,871 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lost camera memory card

did you make enquiries to the police station? if any one finds anything, they should turn it n to the nearest police station. like wise your self, if you have lost something and wish to claim on your travel insurance, one of the questions is what police station did you report your loss too. often items do get returned to their rightful owner

best of luck

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
104 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lost camera memory card

Here is a post on twitter about a lost memory card - https:/…420996871297843200

Is this you? Looks like a glacier in the background...

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,487 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lost camera memory card

Oh dear. Know the pain. Contact the local police station and info centre and leave your details with them. I know its too late now But I recommend to all travellers to engrave your camera with name and contact details. Also my first photo is of a picture with my name, address, contact etc so your details are on memory stick.

I only learnt this from also losing my memory card with three weeks of family photos on it.

6. Re: Lost camera memory card

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 16:16
Get answers to your questions about Rotorua District