We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Topic
Stockholm

We are a couple in early 60's having 2-4 days in Stockholm. Can you walk between all the museums and attractions or should we get a Stockholm card and use the public transport

Can anyone suggest a nice and convenient place we should base ourselves over this time?

All suggestions welcome

JandJ

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm

Most museums and attractions are not that far from each other and are within walking distance.

However, after a few museums you will have done a lot of walking anyway so I think the Stockholm card is a good choice. The card also includes entry to most/many attractions in Stockholm so it's pretty good value as well.

Almost anywhere in the center of Stockholm would be a good base. Personally I like Hilton Slussen, mainly because of the great location. It's just a few minutes walk to the Old Town, subway/bus station just outside and loads of eateries in the area. Popular choices otherwise are: Raidson Blu Waterfront, Sheraton, Hotel Rival to mention a few. Have a look at the reviews for hotels in Stockholm: tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g189852-Stockholm-Hot…

Edited: 11 February 2014, 06:24
Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm

I have looked at hotels in Stockholm like the Sheraton and Hilton at the top end for accommodation. Are there any B and B's central that you would recommend that may be less expensive. We are a couple in our 60's.

Many thanks for all suggestions

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm

If you don't mind a "no frills" type of accommodation this is one is worth checking out:

http://www.anedinhostel.com/start.aspx

It's an old cruise liner turned in to a hostel, location is excellent. The ship is docked at Skeppsbron in the Old Town. All major attractions will be at your door step more or less.

4. Re: Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 May 2014, 09:05
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5,466 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm

antrim91,

i got the Stockhom Card since it penciled out for me. iirc,it also included local transportation too which was a plus. But i spent more time pounding pavement since i found that Stockholm and where i was going to see/do things wasnt that far and the weather co-operated too.

Cambridge, United...
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
8,507 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm

I find it generally pretty easy to just walk in Stockholm - I usually grab an SL transport card (generally staying longer than the Stockholm card covers). I use the Tbana for longer trips (Drottningholm and the Natural History Museum for example) and for when the weather is bad, or just because Im tired and want to ride rather than walk. However I tend to see a lot of tarmac - mostly because the walking is pleasant and I get good photo opportunities by walking.

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Stockholm

If the weather is good we will be doing the same

Thank you

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Stockholm

The exercise will be good for me I think

9. Re: Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 May 2015, 07:17