We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

5 days in Sweden

alabama
Level Contributor
594 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
5 days in Sweden

Hi,

My husband and I are visiting Stockholm and Sweden in Sept 17 to 21. We would like to visit Malmo , Lund, Vaxjo, Kalmar, Soderkoping, Stockholm , Uppsala , Sundervall and Goteborg. We will be coming in from Copenhagen. I will be thankful and appreciate that someone could help me to plan out this itinerary. Pls be informed that we are not driving but using the local transport bus or trains. We are not sure whether we will be purchasing a Eurail Scandinavia pass. Thank you so much.

Mjolby, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,266 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 5 days in Sweden

With that time frame I'm afraid you'll have to prioritize, especially if you're not driving. Many of the places you want to visit are far apart. For example Malmö and Sundsvall are 600 miles apart.

With only 5 days I would focus on Stockholm and the surroundings which could include Uppsala.

The Eurail passes are not very good value to be honest. Train tickets for Sweden can be found here:

http://www.sj.se/

Discounted tickets are released 90 days prior to departure and are usually very good value for money.

Happy planning! :-)

Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
8 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 5 days in Sweden

I agree with the person above, you should consider cutting down the amount of places of interest.

It will take too long to both travel to, and have the time to explore the different towns.

After stopping in Malmö, head for Gothenburg and later to Stockholm. Allow several days for Stockholm and surroundings, that would be my advice :)

alabama
Level Contributor
594 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 5 days in Sweden

Hi ! Thank you all for your inputs. Deeply appreciated for your precious time taken to give me your opinions and advices.

Sorry, that I am new to use this TA forum website, I remember that I did post a question , but just could not locate it... So I just have put out another thread same question. My apology for the inconveniences caused !

Yes, La70 , you are not the first one who is telling me about the eurail passes . There was another guy "whisky" from Trondheim also told me the same things. I feel very stressful if I have to keep looking for a good train fare... and also have to be obligated to our schedule plan once we purchase the train ticket. So the Eurail scan. pass will give us more flexibility to more around (impromptu situation ) when we change our destination in view to bad weather and unforeseen situation.

Tim S, your advice and recommendation is noted . Appreciated !

I also ask in the other thread , where is the good and cheap place to eat in a budget way..FYI, , we are not wine/alcohol drinkers anyway. Thank you so much.

4. Re: 5 days in Sweden

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2015, 05:16