We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

two days in Stockholm

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
58 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
two days in Stockholm

Hi,

I'll be in Stockholm for a day and a half in mid August. I will be boarding a Windstar Cruise there so time is limited. Here are my questions:

1. What is the best way to get from the ARN airport to Skeppesbron dock which is near Gamla Stan? Is there a train or is a taxi the best way? Also what would either of those cost per person.

2. I'd like to do a walking tour of Old Town. Can anyone recommend a good company?

3. With the limited time I have, is there something that I MUST not miss while in Stockholm?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Kiruna Guidetur - Day Trips
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Nymanen
Walking Tours, Eco Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Hogalunds Kulturvandring
Walking Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours, Private Tours
Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,454 posts
603 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: two days in Stockholm

1. Skeppsbron is IN the Old Town. You can choose between bus (ca 100 sek, 40 min), train (260 sek, 20 min, summer deal 280 sek for two persons) or taxi (470-500 sek). Only use the big firms, i.e. Taxi Stockholm, Taxi Kurir or Taxi 020, the market is unregulated. The bus and the train arrive at almost the same spot, ca 10 min walk to Skeppsbron.

2. http://www.freetourstockholm.com/ is one firm. I havent tried them since it's my home town.

3. It's great that you include Gamla Stan, that's one of the real top attractions. Apart from that you should have time for the Vasa museum (17th unique preserved warship) and a trip to the high ground on Södermalm south of the Old Town, excellent views of the inner harbour.

2. Re: two days in Stockholm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 July 2015, 06:16