We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sami Tours

2 posts
Save Topic
Sami Tours

I can't seem to find any real authentic tours of Lapland that includes just living with the Sami people. I have study their culture and traditions in college for a J-Term one year and have been interested in spending a few days (less than 5 days) with the Sami in the winter. Is there a good tour that you know of? (I don't want to visit the Ice Hotel or just be in the snow, I want to experience the actual culture).

Taube Activity
Sightseeing Tours, Ski & Snow Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Kiruna Guidetur - Day Trips
Kayaking & Canoeing, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Active Lapland
Sightseeing Tours, Other Outdoor Activities, Ski & Snow Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Eco Tours
White Trail Adventures
Sightseeing Tours, Ski & Snow Tours
Level Contributor
32 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sami Tours

Did you ever find this real taste of Sami culture? I'd like to find it too :)

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
458 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sami Tours

Today, the Sami are pretty much integrated into the modern Nordic society, and there is not much of "authentic" Sami culture. Finland offers some romanticized, more or less artificial, Sami tourist events.

Read more about the Sami here: http://www.eng.samer.se/

3. Re: Sami Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 July 2013, 05:15