We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Express train Malmo to Goteborg

Edinburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Express train Malmo to Goteborg

Hi, I have been trying to book the express train between Malmo and Goteborg for a single trip in second week of June. However both the SJ website and resellers don't offer any ticket availability for the express services, only those involving one or two changes and taking 3 - 4 hours. I'm not sure why this would be?

Mentioned in this post
Malmo
Malmo
Skane County, Sweden
Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
643 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

What site (sj.se?) and stations are you using? I see a very large number of direct trains taking 2h25 to 3h. These are either Öresundståg (a separate operator) or SJ Snabbtåg X2000. There is no train called 'Express' that I am aware of.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

From the search result at SJ and Öresundtåg there seems to be track work June 15 to June 18. Skånetrafiken' s search result does not show a track work. And it is not among the planned track works at Skånetrafiken or Öresundståg. Confusing, it could be a cancelled track work as well as a recently added one, but I doubt such a large track work is planned late.

Sometimes "Not available" on SJ's trains means that the trains might run but maybe rerouted and tickets will be released later.

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
3,588 posts
643 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

The third week then, not the second.

Edinburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

Hi, thanks for your replies. It is indeed the 15 June that we searched for. We will try again nearer the time or otherwise we can make the journey on a combination of train, bus and train.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

I contacted support since I plan to travel that weekend. They confirmed there will be track works June 15 to June 18. I still believe SJ will reroute their trains so check out their website now and then. SJ trains are more comfortable even when Öresundståg has no changes,

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
793 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

Trains are open for booking now. I had problem with one though (SJ 2000 early Saturday morning), it always gave me an error message.

Edinburgh
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

Hi Anders J and Ugurd,

We took your advice and waited and were finally able to book online a few days before our trip, which was a great success. Thanks very much for your help!

8. Re: Express train Malmo to Goteborg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2018, 07:18