We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Copenhagen-Malmo

Paris
10 posts
Save Topic
Copenhagen-Malmo

I have bin traveling from Copenhagen to Malmo on last Sunday.End i was very surprised,the police have checked not only my passport end my lagich,they control my jacket to.The Scandinavian borders are officially open,why they do that?.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Copenhagen-Malmo

Hi the last time we travelled from Copenhagen airport by train to Malmo there were police on board the train with sniffer dogs.. they patrolled the whole train, we thought at the time that maybe they have a problems with travellers. They probably feel they have to be seen to be doing something and sounds like you were just the unlucky person to be stopped and searched. I wouldn't take it personally though.

Paris
10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Copenhagen-Malmo

Did the police control the lagech and passports of all traveler?

i was the only one who get checked bay the police.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
223 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Copenhagen-Malmo

Hi again... no the police didn't look at our passport or luggage. I don't know the circumstances but I would imagine they do spot checks on luggage and passports all the time as the police were very visual at Copenhagen airport during our visit in the summer so they must be patrolling there most of the time.. I don't know the reasons!

Paris
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Copenhagen-Malmo

Thank you for answer.

Malmo, Sweden
Level Contributor
31 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Copenhagen-Malmo

It was probobly the costums who cheked You out.

Sometimes they check the trains to protect Sweden from drugtrafic and illigal imigrants. They unfurtunaly dosn't have the recourses to check all traffic.

Maybe they had got a tip about someone arriving that looked like You. This(tips)together with drugsearching dogs is probobly the most comon way to catch smugglers.

You had some bad luck but if You don't have anything to hide You have nothing to wory about.

6. Re: Copenhagen-Malmo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 05:23