We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Malmo to Gothenburg

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
323 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Malmo to Gothenburg

Does anyone know how nice this train is? I already have my ticket, just wondering how comfortable or uncomfortable the four hour trip may be. Nice seats? Bathrooms? Food?

Thanks!!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
8 posts
228 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Malmo to Gothenburg

I did the trip twice and found the train rather uncomfortable for such a long trip - actually it is not a dedicated long-distance train but the same "Öresundstrain" as the one commuting between Copenhagen and Malmö.

I would advise arriving early as the train becomes crowded rather rapidly, in particular during the week-end. Seats are comfortable: wide enough, decent legroom, but I do not think that they recline. As for food please bring your own drinks and sandwiches. Opposite to German or Swiss trains there is no restaurant or mobile bar there - I only remember a small vending machine in one carriage.

It is absolutely not worth paying for 1st class. Seats are exactly the same as in standard class. Worse: while most 2nd class seats are in a 2x2 configuration (i.e. 2 persons on each side), 1st class seats are mostly facing each other, so that the legroom is very limited.

Göteborg, Sweden
Level Contributor
133 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Malmo to Gothenburg

The reply above is true if your ticket is for a Öresundståg. There are also X2000 and intercity trains between Malmö and Göteborg. Please check your ticket for the type of train and we can provide you with more information.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
323 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Malmo to Gothenburg

I do believe it is an intercity train....I am about to leave for the station and find out for myself!

Thanks!

Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Malmo to Gothenburg

So, how was it? comfortable, food, reclining seats?

5. Re: Train from Malmo to Gothenburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2011, 05:16