We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying a night in Malmo worth it?

Which Malmo hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Staying a night in Malmo worth it?

I have 4 days in Copenhagen and then plan to catch the train to Stockholm.

Would it be worth staying in Malmo overnight on my way to Stockholm? I know it's only 35 minutes away but I have a few days available before staying in Stockholm for 6 days.

If not Malmo , any other recommendations would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Stockholm
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
2,588 posts
527 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying a night in Malmo worth it?

Malmö in combination with Lund is worth a day or so I think. In Lund you will find one of the great cathedrals of the Nordic countries (another is in Roskilde, a short train ride from Copenhagen). Malmö has old buildings, nice squares (Lille Torg for restaurants) and a castle. You could do these things as an excursion from Copenhagen as well if you want to avoid changing hotel.

São Paulo
Level Contributor
5 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying a night in Malmo worth it?

You should definitely spend some time in Malmö. The Central Station is 300 meters from Stortorget (Big Square) where you can start site seeing. Alternatively you can check at Malmö's Free Walking Tour website to see what time they will have their tour on the date you will be there. They usually start it at Big Square, every day and walk for 2.5 hours through Malmö's main tourist attractions telling a bit about history and modern characteristics. I've done it and I would recommend it. I would also include a day trip to Lund, very nice old University Town.

3. Re: Staying a night in Malmo worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:17