We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stops on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm

Sicilia
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Stops on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm

I would like to know about some lovely town where to stop for 1 or 2 nights on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm near Jonkoping. We would like to have 2 stops, one on Vattern lake and another one near Linkoping or Norrkoping.

Any suggestion?

We would like some lovely view, quiet location and nature. We travel with 2 little children.

Thanks

4 replies to this topic
Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
65 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stops on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm

Near Jönköping, I would suggest Gränna. It is a lovely small town with the specialty of making polkagrisar, a kind of minty candy. You can take the ferry to Visingsö, an island in Vättern. Norrköping is beautiful as well, especially in the summer. Vadstena is also on the shore of Vättern and between Jönköping and Linköping.

Göteborg
Level Contributor
493 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Stops on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm

Gränna is nice. It´s famous for the candy canes, and you can see them being made in several shops, and try different flavours before you decide wich ones to buy. I guess the kids will like that...

There is a zoo called Kolmården near Norrköping. It´s great, but taker a full day (at least) to explore.

How old are the kids? Will you travel by car?

Sicilia
Level Contributor
96 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stops on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm

Thank you for the suggestion. Granna could be a good choice.

The children are 7 and 1.5 years old.

Is there some nature reserve or some area (not zoo) where we could see moose (elk) or some other animals? ...or just to have a walking in the nature.

I red about Smålandet Moose Park but it isn't on the way to Stockholm. Is there a similar park on our way?

We will rent a car in Goteborg and we will leave it in Stockholm. I think we do not need the car for exploring Stockholm. Is it correct?

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
456 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stops on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm

You will not need the car in Stockholm; you can reach everything by public transport.

For moose parks, look up http://sverigesalgparker.se

Reply to: Stops on the way from Goteborg to Stockholm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Jonkoping