We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

Sweden
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

One thing I usually search for is cheap airport transfers to the cities I travel to, so I thought I'd share my experiences from Stockholm to those that may wanna know!

I travel quite a bit from Arlanda Airport, and I've tried two relatively new services to/from Arlanda Airport.

Airportshuttle (www.airportshuttle.se) is a new bus shuttle service that you can order from/to ANY hotel in Stockholm City. Only 150 SEK each way, and this beats all other services I've tried when travelling alone... They seem to be struggling with reservations, cause I was alone on my trip to the airport, but it was great! Private transfer for 150 SEK in a brand new car with great aircondition beats anything! They've got a cool Google Map link on their site to find closest stop if you happen to live in Stockholm!

But if you're two people travelling I would recommend AirportCab (www.airportcab.se) which is the cheapest alternative to/from the airport with a cab for only 350 SEK! That's around 100 SEK cheaper than all the other cab companies, and really good if you're more than 1 person travelling!

Anyway - those are my tips!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
76 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

If you want the cheapest travel take the bus from Arlanda to the regionaltrain stop of Märsta. This will set you back with 18 kr if you buy a prepaid ticket. It takes though quite some time. During the summer you can go with Arlandaexpress for 240 for two persons the speed train only takes 18 minutes to the central of Stockholm. One person costs 200.. Airport buses are 100 kr and takes around 40 minutes.

liverpool
Level Contributor
12 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

I am arriving in Stockholm late Friday night (around midnight), and have just found your comment so helpful. I have already checked the aiport shuttle website, but they don't operate that late....just until 7.30! I'm now going to check out airport cab...fingers crossed, and thanks again.

NYC, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

I go to Stockholm a lot and I always book a transfer package with Marhbe Travel. They normally charge 495 SEK for a trip to the city centre for a cab taking up to four passengers (most of the time I stay at the Sergel Plaza, an hotel which I really recommend for its price and excellent location). I think it is a regular fare, however the great advantage is that the driver will be waiting for you right after customs and you don't need to haggle with the less serious drivers at the airport! The guy (or gal) is waiting for you and you just go... Love Stockholm by the way, real friendly people, some good desginer clothes shopping and a wonderful culture (dance, theatre, opera...)!

NYC, NY
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

Forgot to mention that you can contact Marhbe tavel via their website http://www.marhbetravel.com or call them in the US at (267) 940-7722. /Diane

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

Hi all,

Are there anymore new transfer company since this post was last updated?

Thanks

florida
Level Contributor
812 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

Four of us arriving in July. Are these services still valid? Being lazy instead of looking at sights-sorry.

Casa

Denmark
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

Yes,

This post is still valid. Prices has increased a bit - cheapest taxis with Airport Cab (www.airportcab.se) or Transfer Taxi (www.transfer.se) is now 395-430 SEK when pre booking (could be done while you wait for your luggage).

Taxi when not prebooked should be a maximum 500 SEK, go with one of the larger companies: Taxi Stockholm, Taxi Kurir, Taxi 020 or Transfer Taxi, some of the smaller are sadly rip offs for tourists - agree on a price before and refuse to go if more than 500 SEK.

The Airport Shuttle service (200 SEK) is still running, as are the buses and Arlanda Express airport train (250 SEK, 2 for 1 on weekends/summer). The bus-commuter train option is not as cheap any more, will cost roughly 75 SEK (compared to around 100 SEK for the direct bus - recommended for the cost conscious!)

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

Hi Carl,

When you say direct bus do you actually mean the flybuss or? I am looking at arriving in the midnight of a Friday. Do you think there would be any form of transportation for the bus to the centre of the town and than a metro to Brommaplan?

Thanks!

Denmark
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

There are buses to all incoming flights, so that shouldn't be a problem. To get to Brommaplan you could gain a few minutes by getting off the bus at the "St Eriksplan" stop a few minutes before the central station, and there change to the green line metro.

Personally I prefer the Arlanda Express train instead at 120 SEK if under 26 or full time student and 240 SEK for others, it takes 20 instead of 40 minutes and is more comfortable (but twice the price).

The metro is running 24/7 on weekends, at nights its a lot of (drunk) people on their way to or from parties, but it's safe anyway.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Two recommendations for cheap airport transfer in Stockholm

Hi Carl,

Thanks for the heads up. I am travelling on a rather tight budget... Hence the bus sounds better.

Took note of the stop before the C station! =) Valuable tip!

Any advise on the metro ticket?? I am rather confused by it.. If you are in the zone you take 2 unit off the 16 unit ticket...now that is confusing! When and how do you know you are in different or same zone?