We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Skavsta airport

IR1
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Skavsta airport

Hi

Can anyone advise what is the best way to get from Skavsta airport into Stockholm city centre?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Skutskar, Sweden
Level Contributor
2,578 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

Airport coaches "Flygbussarna" is the best and cheapest

www.flygbussarna.se

IR1
Northern Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

Many thanks!

Glasgow, UK
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

Sorry for bumping this but I'm arriving at Skavsta aiport on Monday 30 Nov 09 and no matter what bus company I've looked at, none appear to have any coaches running on this day. Can anyone shed any light as to why there don't appear to be any coach transfers available from Skavsta on this day?

Gavle, Sweden
Level Contributor
645 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

Hi IR1,I can't find any departures for that specifik day either in the timetable for Flygbussarna. Have you tried to fill in the box "Buy Ticket", maybe it'll work that way?

One possible reason could be a change in timetables somewhere arond that date and that the new one isn't released yet, but that's just a guess ...

Here are the transfer options presented on the Skavsta Airport:

www.skavsta.se/en/content.asp?area=2&id=62

stockholm,sweden
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

The coaches do run several times daily, and they adjust completely to the arrivals and departures, they even wait if the flight is late, so you don't have to worry!

Australia
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

Hi cs 638, I just rang them and asked why it doesn't seem to have busses running, and the answer is that the schedule isn't "organised" for it as yet. The lady told me busses run all year round, and tend to have their schedules according to flight departures/arrivals, and it may be that there are some slight changes for the winter period. But go ahead and book your flight, there should be no problems in getting to Stockgolm city. The trip takes about 1-1.5 hrs.

Good luck

Stockholm
Level Contributor
308 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

Flygbussarna changes timetables on October 25th. The timetable thereafter is not published yet.

Aberdeen, United...
Level Contributor
976 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

Is it cheaper to buy these bus tickets in advance or will it be the same price on the bus ??

Thanks

Denmark
Level Contributor
26 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

You'll get the same price at the counter by the bus stop as you do online. Note that there are now two companies competing: www.flygbussarna.se and www.flybycoach.se, this has reduced prices by at least 30% (sometimes even more due to a price war between the companies)

10. Re: Transfer from Skavsta airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 July 2010, 08:17