We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise & Stay

ireland
Level Contributor
354 posts
62 reviews
Save Topic
Cruise & Stay

Myself and my husband ( 28 & 30) are planning on taking a cruise form stokholm next July. We will probably just spend 1 night before the cruise but up to a week after the cruise holidaying in Sweden. As this will be our one main holiday next year we intend to do a lot of relaxing, some shopping, lots of eating and drinking and husband will want to fish, maybe could you suggest two places in sweden we could vist to fit the above in.We know very little about this beautiful counrty. Also how is the transport system between major cites ?

Many thanks

Stockholm
Level Contributor
54 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cruise & Stay

Hi,

First of all if you want to shop, eat and drink I would say that Stockholm is you number one choice. However the second and third largest cities in Sweden, Gothenburg and Malmö, can also provide you with those kind of activities. But in my oppinion Gothenburg and Malmö can not compete when it comes to other activities like musuems and other historical sites, if that is to any interest to you. Fishing can be done basicly everwhere, just take a rod and locate the nearest lake. The northern part of Sweden has some fantastic fishing opportunities but going there takes more time, money and planing. Closer to Stockholm you'll find a part of Sweden called Dalarna (about four to five hours from Stockholm by car) which also has some fantastic lakes and rivers suitable for fishing. I think you have to specifie your question more if I'm going to be able to give you a better answer.

Finally the transportion system. The transportation system between the major cities in Sweden are good, you can go by air, train or even bus. For example a high speed train journey between Stockholm and Gothenburg takes about three hours. I'd say that the most comfortable ride is by train. The major train company in Sweden is SJ (www.sj.se), for air you can choose between SAS (www.sas.se) or Skyways (www.skyways.se) and the major bus company is Swebus Express (www.swebusexpress.se). They have all depatures from Stockholm to all major cities many times per day.

I hope this information helps!

2. Re: Cruise & Stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 17:20