We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm in March weather?

alabama
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm in March weather?

We have never been to Sweden but would like to come in mid March 2011. We would like to take in culture sights and visit scenic area around Stockholm. How is the weather then?

Mentioned in this post
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

Found this link:

theweathernetwork.com/statistics/…swxx0031

Deviation is a bit bigger than in that link though, could be anything between 20F and 48F.

stockholm,sweden
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

It looks as if we will have another long, cold winter. Last year March was still quite wintery, spring didn't kick in until April.

Utah
Level Contributor
429 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

I loved my time in March in Stockholm. It was cold that year, the harbor was still iced and streets snowy. But crowds were small.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
alabama
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

we are from Alabama where its warm!!

Utah
Level Contributor
429 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

A little snow and cold will be great for you then ;-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,478 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

In mid-March things will be just starting to unfreeze just a little (unless the winter is very long). Expect that there will still be quite a lot of snow on the ground but it will be getting a bit slushy, making the streets rather wet and dirty-looking. Probably not much coming down from the sky at this time.

Edited: 23 December 2010, 02:29
alabama
Level Contributor
93 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

Oh well. Have made airfare for then. We never get snow so a change for us.

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,399 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

Be prepared for some attractions to be closed in March and those [many] that are open will close relatively early. But can be really nice walking around particularly the "country" areas of Stockholm. You can make some assumptions about temperatures as the cars will still have their winter tyres [different compound, not chains or studs] fitted.

Mentioned in this post
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
47 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

I come from where there is no snow either (don't be fooled by my TA nickname!) and I am at present learning how to walk on it in Scotland! It's fine, the slushy bits are not nice but hey, that's what travelling is all about, experiencing different things! So enjoy your time in Stockholm. I am going myself end of March so am also braving the weather at that time....

Remember to bring a very warm jacket and do the layering thing with your clothes as inside in Europe gets really hot!

Mentioned in this post
Scotland
Scotland
United Kingdom
Stockholm
Stockholm
Stockholm County, Sweden
Europe
Europe
World
10. Re: Stockholm in March weather?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 July 2011, 05:21