We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

Hi,

We're spending a long weekend in Stockholm in mid-September. Any recommendations for very nice hotels that are conveniently located near the Arlanda Express Train? (We're not renting a car and thought this would make things easier.)

We prefer places that are unique and offer local flavor.

Thanks!

stockholm,sweden
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

As often in cities, the central station area is not the prettiest part of Stockholm. The Old Town is within walking distance and will give you a more condenced local feeling, take a look at the hotel map and see if anything there appeals to you..

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
42 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

I would agree with 'glam1' that the area around the central station is not the prettiest but I would on the other hand not recommend staying in the Old Town either as it will not really give a feeling of the 'real' Stockholm (if you on the other hand wish to be in the most touristy area of the town the Old Town is good choice.) if you nonetheless wish to stay around the central station i have heard good things about the Radisson Blu Waterfront but have not stayed there myself yet. The Clarion Hotel Sign is also fairly close and while I am not that fond of it there are many who like it.

Seeing that no price range is given it is difficult make tailored recommendations but hotels I like are:

Nobis Hotel (central location,close to shopping and restaurants and almost walking distance to central station).

Story Hotel (also a central location,close to Stureplan)

Hotel Hellsten (charming hotel in quiet yet central location)

My favorite area of Stockholm is Sodermalm and there are two fairly good hotels there. The best one in my opinion is the Hotel Rival. It is not that close to the central station but in a charming area. The other option is Clarion Stockholm.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

What do you think about Hotel Skeppsholm? (At this point it may be between that hotel, Hotel Hellsten and the Clarion Stockholm.) I wanted to stay at the Nobis, but only the most expensive rooms (more than $500 USD per night) are left. Love the Rival, but it is sold out.

Thank you!

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
42 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

The Hotel Skeppsholmen is also a good choice. I have heard that the rooms are a bit on the small side but the location is nice (fairly central but also quiet). Fairly close to it you also have the Lydmar Hotel which is also really nice.

La Crosse, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
777 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

The Nordic Sea is right outside the Arlanda Express. It is a modern hotel close to the Central Station. They have weekend and internet rates plus they offer "express rooms" at a lower cost.. The breakfast buffet is nice also.

Enjoy

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,029 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

We enjoyed our four-night stay at the Sheraton in June, just a few minutes walk from the Arlanda Express and right across the street from the central train station. No local flavor there at all, but very large clean rooms for Europe, definitely the largest I have stayed in on any European trip and also friendly concierge staff. Superb location for exploring Gamla Stan, City Hall, boat to Drottningholm, etc, Also a good value for Scandinavia, much more reasonably priced for a room twice the size of our hotel room (on the same trip) in Copenhagen.

Edited: 07 September 2011, 04:14
Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
80 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

The Clarion Stockholm is a very nice hotel. It's been a while since I stayed there but they had a really nice breakfast selection. It's also close to the subway, so you'll get around easy. I have always enjoyed staying there.

I've only stopped by for coffee at the Skeppsholmen, but it seemed very nice. As for the Clarion, which is more stylish and modern, this seemed cosy and nice. I would rally want to stay there.

The Lydmar I don't now. Good luck.

I have stayed at the Nordic Light, close to the Arlanda Express. It's a design hotel, and I like it a lot. It something different, and it might not be for everyone, so you have to see for yourself.

http://www.nordiclighthotel.se/en/

It would be in the same price range as the other you mention I think. (sometimes you can get the best rates of their website). As others have mentioned, it's not the prettiest location (nor is it bad), but it's very central to everything.

Good luck

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
98 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

Radison Blu is close to the Arlanda Express and are probably the most popular hotel for conventions and fairs. Their visitors tend to come back so I guess it's a good sign.

Scandic are opening a new flagship hotel very near. Check it out.

Hotell Skeppsholmen is about as far you can get from the train without leaving the city.

Thessaloniki, Greece
Level Contributor
698 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

We stayed at the Radisson Waterfront and would certainly reccomend it. Very nice views, adjacent to the train station, with new and clean rooms, good service and breakfast!

10. Re: Stockholm Hotels near Arlanda Express

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 00:18