We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coach from Stockholm to London

Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Coach from Stockholm to London

Hi

My daughters Swedish boyfriend is moving to the UK around Christmas time and he wants to travel as cheaply as possible. He is also bringing his desk top computer with him! He checked shipping the computer but was quoted £200 by FedEx so is now thinking he will bring it with him somehow. I wondered if there was a coach he could catch and then put the computer in with the luggage? He has thought about buying two plane tickets one for him and one for the computer and travelling on Christmas day so that the flight would hopefully be cheaper?

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Frances

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coach from Stockholm to London

Must be a huge computer? If he cant fit it into his hand luggage, then he should check it in. I checked in an Imac ones and it arrived fine.

Travelling Sweden - London by coach because you want to bring your computer along sounds stupid to me.

Cheapest day to travel is Christmas Eve but the difference to 25th or 26th is not big. And tell him to avoid Ryanair as their luggage rules are designed for weekend travellers.

Edited: 03 December 2011, 19:14
Mentioned in this post
Sweden
Sweden
Europe
London
London
England, UK
Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coach from Stockholm to London

It's a desk top - which is the problem I guess maybe he could be persuaded to leave the monitor behind but it was an expensive gaming computer he got only a few months ago for his 18th birthday.

London
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
1,787 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coach from Stockholm to London

I would advice leaving the monitor at home and taking the computer as hand luggage. Airlines like BA, SAS and Norwegian won't mind.

Hampshire
Level Contributor
25 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coach from Stockholm to London

Good idea - I've passed your message on :-) Thanks

5. Re: Coach from Stockholm to London

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 10:20