We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

houston, tx
Level Contributor
119 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

Including our adult children on the first part of our Scandinavian adventure for my 60th birthday. My husband & I plan on seeing all the major capitols in addition to seeing much of the countryside. We will be renting a car where necessary and using planes, trains, ferries, etc. to get around.

Our 2 kids in their late 20's (son & daughter) will be joining us in one of the capitol cities for my actual birthday (in early July) and can only be with us for 4 days tops due to their work schedules.

My question is which city would afford the best vacation for my son and daughter who love the night life as well as touring and excursions.?

Thanks in advance!

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
2,255 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

Can't compare as the only Scandinavian city I've spent any time in is Stockholm. But I'm sure they would have a great time there. Plenty to do on the tourist side plus night life.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
8 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

Stockholm. Says me, living here. :) Its expensive, like the rest of the country, but you have clubs where you actually can choose based by music, and a lot of interesting things to see. (Rock? Go to Rocks at Mariatorget a friday or saturday around 12)

Take a cruise! Enjoy a massage and an outside bubble pool with a martini at Birka Cruises. (the other cruises is only about vodka and sex, birka is more life quality.) Its good prices, and you can see alot of the archipelago.

Check out Skansen. If its summer and nice weather, take a tour with the rib boats in the archipelago. Walk around in the old town, enjoy an mid-expensive dinner at the medieval restaurant/pub "aifur", or "Sjätte tunnan" (=the 6th barrel. They have rabbit stew as the least weird on the menu)

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
4,028 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

If you are choosing between Oslo, Copenhagen and Stockholm, I too definitely would choose Stockholm due to its natural beauty, abundant and also unique (Vasa Museet) tourist sights and super nightlife.

houston, tx
Level Contributor
119 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

Thanks so much for responding. Stockholm it is!

London, United...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

Hi

Thanks for the info on Stockholm which I read on trip advisor. I just wanted to know which cruise was you referring to when you said:

' the other cruises is only about vodka and sex, birka is more life quality.'

If you could help me out with this that would be great thanks

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,293 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

@Veesh They're probably referring to Viking and Silja lines. The cruises to Åland from Stockholm are commonly referred to as "booze cruise to Finland", although there are a lot of families going as well.

San Diego
Level Contributor
84 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

One of the factors I look at when traveling to cities is nightlife since I am a guy in his 20's. I remember seeing Stockholm mentioned many times as having a good nightlife and it did not disappoint. It's great for women also because it is very safe. The men are not aggressive at all which can be a problem in some countries which include my own.

8. Re: Best Scandinavian City for Adult Children (Late 20's)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 February 2013, 10:17