We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pupusas

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Anchorage, Alaska
1 post
Save Topic
Pupusas

Hello! I am coming to Stockholm in the Summer for couple of days and was wondering if I could find Pupusas anywhere in the city. I've been desperately looking through websites and whatnot but since I don't speak Swedish my search results are somewhat limited.

So if anyone could link me or tell me if I could find Pupusas anywhere, it would be very much appreciated.

Thank you.

Jake

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
570 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pupusas

Unless you have a Salvadorian relative you'll have to go without. There's no Salvadorian restaurants in Stockholm (Argentinian, Peruvian, Mexican, Latin American cross-over - Yes!).

Personally I'm well set up for pupusas as the wife's from El Salvador.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
570 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pupusas

... and there's only one good Mexican taqueria (la neta on Barnhusgatan close to Drottninggatan).

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pupusas

In general, Latin American cuisine is not really on the menu in Stockholm. The Swedes have some odd conceptions about what to do with food from that part of the world (for example, if you put tortilla chips on a burger, it's now mexican). I would skip the Pupusa's and focus on something more local, like kebab or husmanskost.

4. Re: Pupusas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 10:40