We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

public transport

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wrocław, Polska
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
public transport

Is there the same ticket for bus and metro or do I have to buy a diffrent one? I'm gonna spend in Stockhom 2 days. Is there any metro+bus combo pass for 2 days, so I wouldn't have to buy several times a single ticket?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: public transport

Everything in Stockholm and isn't a boat, long distance train, or taxi is covered by the SL card. There are 24 hour card and a 72 hour card. The 72 hour card is the same price as two 24hr cards. If you plan on traveling a lot (or just want to do it stress free) these are the best options. At Arlanda, I believe that you can buy the SL card at the SL center or the information center. The information center is just as you leave customs in Terminal 5. The SL center is in Arlanda City, which is between terminal 3 and 5.

You may also want to try a Stockholm Card: www.visitstockholm.com/en/stockholmcard/

It's 650kr, but if you plan on going to a lot of museums and take advantage of the tours (at least 395kr worth) that could work as well. You can buy this one from the Information center in Arlanda.

Do not buy single journey tickets. They are very expensive.

Edited: 13 May 2012, 19:55
Wrocław, Polska
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: public transport

thank you very much for your response!

Is there any way to buy this SL card somewhere in the city center? I will land on Skavsta airport, not Arlanda:/

and another question but not related to the previous one:

I wanted to go on this canal tour but I've noticed that boats are operating only between june and august. Any possibility to go on a canal tour on may? :/

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
940 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: public transport

Not a problem. There is an SL Center in Central Station, which is across the street from where the airport bus will drop you off. You can buy the card there.

There are other tours that should be running in May.. but check with the operators.

stockholm,sweden
Level Contributor
1,178 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: public transport

You can get your SL-card at any Pressbyrån also, and you can use it on ONE boat, the ferry between Slussen/Gamla Stan and Djurgården.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
648 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: public transport

Hi,

These sight seeing tours by boat are available in May:

Royal Canal Tour, 50 minutes

Under the Bridges of Stockholm, 1 hour 50 minutes

http://www.stromma.se/en/STOCKHOLM/Tours/?Activity=SIGHTSEEING(1)what(2)10502(1)where(2)7003(1)when(2)0

Wrocław, Polska
Level Contributor
54 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: public transport

thank you very much guys for sharing your knowledge! :) now I'm going to enjoy my stay in capital of Sweden! :)

@SeattleFlyer

I'm going this year to Seattle as well! :) Can't wait!!!

delray beach
Level Contributor
73 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: public transport

Hi,

Conflicting info about single SL card. One person says it is not good on a boat. It is too expensive--a single one. What should we buy.

We want to take boat tour and go to Vasa museum.

I have a map of the T-Bana but it means nothing and I also have a list of the HOHO bus routes. I don't know where to get anything.

We're on Constellation docking 10 August.

Where is pier vs Gamla Stan and what lines do we take to get from pier? Then what do you think of hop on hop busses or boat???

susaneil@aol.com

8. Re: public transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 22:42