We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi Prices

Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi Prices

Hi,

Me and my friend are going to travel stockholm for 3 days. I read about stockholm there are many private taxi companies. We will want to stay at longholmen but we are curious about taxi prices from the station. Is there any average price for taxis for 1-4 km ?

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
945 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi Prices

It depends on when, exactly you are taking the taxi. Here's the price list: taxikurir.se/orterisverige/stockholm/taxikur…

For a 1-4km taxi ride during the day, it is 42kr + 9.10kr per km + 7.233kr per minute. A 1km ride would be about 55kr, or $7.80. A 4km ride would be about 140kr, or $20. Both assume no traffic... the actual price would be more.

Unless you have money to burn (in which case, please consider sending some of that my way), anywhere on Långholmen is about a 5 to 15 minute way to the nearest subway station. If that is too much (either for the taxi or the walking distance), I would stay elsewhere.

Edited: 18 June 2012, 01:20
Trondheim, Norway
Destination Expert
for Trondheim
Level Contributor
4,628 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi Prices

Note that SFG give price list to one single company, there are several in Stockholm alone and also a multitude of private drivers (Friåkare). These last one can charge whatever they want.

All taxis in Sweden must have a sign on their windown stating the tariff and a maxprice for a "standard trip" (ie price for a 10km / 15 minute trip) - the link SFG gave will give an example on how such a sign will appear.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
648 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi Prices

I always take a taxi when the price for the displayed standard journey doesn't exceed 325 SEK. A good measure is that this price should be 300 SEK +/- 10%. I've seen taxis charging as much as 895 SEK for this journey. A legal scam....

I never use taxis during day time as public transport is very efficient and taxis are very expensive, even with a reputable company.

Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi Prices

All right, it seems taxis are expensive :) We booked a room for 390 euro at Scandic Hotel Sjöfartshotellet, but its a huge difference with longolhmen hostel its 281 euro. its worth about 950-1000 SEK. I need your help with this choice :)

Scandic hotel seems more central than longholmen hostel. But we should decide this difference may enough to using taxis for 3 nights. We will just use taxis for nights. Or Is there any public transport at 01-02 am ? Mornings we can walk or find another options.

Lund, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Norrkoping
Level Contributor
1,304 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi Prices

Yes, there is transit at night. Weekdays there is a shift to night ops around 01:00, when the metro system and day bus lines is replaced by night busses. Weekends (night after Friday and Saturday), the metro system runs the entire night. The metro station for Långholmen is Hornstull on the red line. It's a 1000 metre walk to the hostel from the metro – about 10 minutes if you're walking in my tempo :)

Edited: 18 June 2012, 17:14
Linkoping, Sweden
Level Contributor
112 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi Prices

Public transport in Stockholm is efficient. The metro operates till 1 am on weekdays, and at all hours during weekends. Check out http://sl.se/Visitor/Plan-your-journey/ and enter the address of your hotel/hostel and some of the locations that you are planing on visiting to get an idea of transit times. A 72h-pass is about 200 SEK.

Level Contributor
17 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi Prices

Thank you very much johol ! You saved me :))

8. Re: Taxi Prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 14:17