We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm in January with a 1 year old

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Neath, South Wales
Level Contributor
24 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm in January with a 1 year old

I'm planning a trip for my family in January, and i'm considering Stockholm as a destination. My son will be 1 at the time of our proposed departure, and I was wondering what the conditions were like in the city at that time of year.

Is it likely to be very cold, and will this prevent us from seeing the city on foot?

Many thanks

Ellis

Göteborg
Level Contributor
417 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm in January with a 1 year old

It can be really cold, but you just adjust your clothing, and then you will be fine! :-)

I guess you're going to use a stroller, and then yo need a footmuff or warm blanket. The child also needs a warm hat, mittens etc. You can buy here, if you need.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
439 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm in January with a 1 year old

In Sweden we say "There is no such thing as bad weather, there's just bad clothing."

Stockholm, Sweden
Destination Expert
for Stockholm
Level Contributor
496 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm in January with a 1 year old

And potentially bad pushchairs if you're not using a sling or child rucksack. Whilst Stockholm is good at clearing roads and pavements if you get the wrong day then you could have deep fresh snow or heavy, slushy melting snow. If you have something with small wheels then it can feel like you're trying to push a solid object at times. It's less likely to be an issue in the centre of town and you're allowed to enter at the central door of any bus without showing a ticket (one adult). I used a Mountain Buggy most of the time during the winter and left the fold up Maclaren at home.

It's always possible that there will be now snow of course.

4. Re: Stockholm in January with a 1 year old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2013, 10:19