We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stockholm in December

Which Stockholm hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London England
Level Contributor
119 posts
154 reviews
Save Topic
Stockholm in December

We have decided to have a winter break from 22nd to 29th Dec in Stockholm. I have an 18 year old girl and 15 year old boy/. Could I get some advice on where best to stay and what activities are good for teens. My daughter loves shopping and my son loves sporting activities. Which is the best airport to fly into to from London and which are the good 4/5* hotels to stay in in good areas where we can takes walks and sightsee too! Plus some nice things to do in the evenings with teenagers. Sorry for all the questions but we dont really know much about Stockholm and are keen to get good advice before we book! Many thanks

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
435 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stockholm in December

Swedes celebrate Christmas on the 24th, and many venues are closed from the 24th to the 26th.

Stockholm is no safe bet for snow, in that case you'll need to go further north.

Stockholm, Sweden
Level Contributor
570 posts
152 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stockholm in December

The Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel (4*) is close to the Central Station (local trains, buses and subways), the Arlanda Express train from the airport, the Old Town and shopping in teh City center.

So are Radisson Blu Royal Viking Hotel (4*), the Sheraton (5*) and the Nordic Light/Sea hotels but all these (as opposed to Waterfront) are on Vasagatan which can be quite rowdy night time.

10-15 minutes walk away around Stureplan you have the Best Western Premier Hotell Kung Carl (4*), Hotel Stureplan (4*) and Story as well as the Mornington. But even though this area is closer to shopping and some sightseeing it's also the entertainment/party hub of Stockholm which means it's probaly a bit noisier.

London England
Level Contributor
119 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stockholm in December

thanks for your help!

4. Re: Stockholm in December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 10:17